What's the first thing you buy?

Ugh, this hit me in the feelz. Wow. That was straight therapy right there. Should I send you a check or have credits waiting at WDW for your trip?:laughing::laughing:

Seriously, what an amazing way to view her story. I would “heart” this a hundred times over if I could.

2 Likes

My DS is now 12, but the first trip he remembers (that isn’t confused with DLR) he was 8. Out of all the parks, Epcot was the one he most requested and the one he’s most excited to going back to.

It may partially be that his dad and I are in our best mood at Epcot, minus the hustle of MK or the (at the time, the week before before TSL soft opened) lack of attractions at HS. I love AK but DH runs out of patience quickly there. Epcot is our happy place.

The beer helps.

1 Like

I don’t disagree except to say her internal musings didn’t really impact the story or her actions. I found myself constantly expecting and wanting more from her character…and never got it.

1 Like

Fair enough. I think different character arcs / stories hit different people different ways, depending on their experiences. Rey resonates with me, but I wouldn’t expect that to be the case for everyone.

1 Like

I tried to get it back on track…:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’m somewhere between Ryan and Jeff on Rey. I agree with how Jeff so eloquently stated the character’s narrative and view of herself changed, but the portrayal of that by the actress I found lackluster. Mostly just one meh, dreary facial expression through three movies, unless that’s truly the intent. I don’t think the acting met the scope of the character.

1 Like

My kids were the perfect age for turtle talk with crush, Nemo, and of course Frozen so I think that is why they liked Epcot the most.

2 Likes

I won’t respond to that cause then we’d really derail! :joy:

Back on track, back on track … let’s see here …

Oh, I know! This will be my first trip ever using Magical Express from the airport. I’ve only ever used it on the way back. And I decided not to rent a car. :grimacing: We’ll see how this goes!

4 Likes

Wait. Are you sure you aren’t confusing her with Padme? :wink:

2 Likes

No he meant this character:

2 Likes

*Don’t derail Don’t derail Dont derail *

3 Likes

It worked!!!

~ish

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

And mine was test track…and that’s it :laughing: Hours of him doing single rider.

Not entirely true, he liked when we dragged him on SE. He loved the part after where he got to play the games, and he loved the old part by SE where he could go into either side and put out the house fire or save the piggy bank. They took those out, but it was great for escaping the heat and keeping him entertained.

1 Like

Disagreeing with this would basically be disagreeing with history

2 Likes

We don’t go to the hotel ever, and barely to AK, but I may have to call an audible just for that Bread Service!

You know what? My DH has had the pleasure of my company for the past 17 years, and my son for the entirety of his life. They can survive without me for one day while I go explore Sanaa and AK alone!

4 Likes

Yes. Yes you must.

2 Likes

My first purchase will probably be a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s. First ride will probably be Space. Possibly BTMR. Depends which side of the park we decide to start on.

3 Likes

I’m most looking forward to walking down Main Street, smelling the confectionary as the scents get wafted out, listening to the background music that no one in my party seems to even notice, and just absorbing the atmosphere. If you see a news report of a woman kissing the ground in front of Cinderella castle, it’s me. The first thing I’m going to buy is a dole whip float.

Other things I’m looking forward to are staying at Riviera for our welcome home trip, lounging in the sacred space, riding RotR and MMRR, and getting delicious sweet treats from Erin McKennas.

I can’t wait for this trip. Besides being entirely too long since our last time home, this tax season is more stressful than any in recent memory. Even if the IRS extends it again like they did last year, I’m getting out of dodge on 4/16 no.matter.what.

4 Likes

Disneyland, sitting on the porch, on Main Street chilling out listening to the Dapper Dan’s. Then Classic Afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes