I have a poll for you, but want yo give the set up first.
In 2020 we bought a 120 AKL resale contract (our first). We are a family of 3 (1 kid) and always happy to stay in studios, though we wouldn’t turn our nose up at a 1 bedroom.
Having banked 2019 points and 2020 points (plus buying 60 transfer points ) to start out with made me a little spoiled. Basically, I’m going to need more points.
Here is what I know:
- We tend to travel in the highest point, hardest to get seasons (5- 6 nights, Spring Break and Christmas).
- Except, we will take some last min 3 night trips in July or Oct
- We love AKL (resort) we love Poly (large studios, 2 parks), but
- I enjoy trying new resorts.
I have been interested in buying more points, and part of me wants to buy direct so I can use them at any resort. I am saving up to buy Poly points when they go on sale and really hoping they are part of the same condo association.
Until then, help me make a decision in my DVC daydreams. These scenarios cost roughly the same amount. Would you;
- Add on 75 direct Poly points when they go on sale
- Sell our AKL contract and buy 150 direct Poly points so I qualify for memeber benefits and discounts
- Spend the same money some other way
Would love your thoughts and comments. (PS I lean one way, DH leans the other).