What WDW value hotel would you choose for a solo trip?

Personally, I’d choose bubble but that’s a very personal decision there.

2 Likes

Indeed!

Will it really? That doesn’t seem like enough savings budgeting roughly $30/day for Uber.

I’d save about $180. That’s a lot of rides.

1 Like

Plus, honestly, I’d probably do a few Lyfts from All Stars as well.

Watch out for surge pricing at peak times. Be sure to sample prices from early morning and park closing, not just middle of the day.

1 Like

I’m leaning toward Bubble though.

Dammit I wish I could book Pop. That would be a no-brainer. I really like the Skyliner.

1 Like

Pop will probably pop up. Just book a placeholder elsewhere and keep checking. I’ve gotten a room there with less than 2 months before my trip. Availability comes in waves.

5 Likes

So your trip is 5 days, 4 nights right? $30/day (assuming 0 surge pricing) times 5 days is $180. Basically a wash. That leads me to All Stars. Plus don’t discount the value of charging stuff to your room. That is what I always miss about staying offsite.

4 Likes

Music to my ears, thanks! :grin:

2 Likes

Sincere question: What do you find valuable about charging to your room? Credit card transactions are virtually seamless as it is. I pay for everything with my Apple Watch and I can’t imagine how it could be any easier.

4 Likes

At WDW, swiping your Magic Band rather than pulling out your phone or credit card can be convenient.

3 Likes

I’m spoiled by my Watch then. I won’t swap it for a Magic Band unless the MB starts telling time and doing text messaging.

3 Likes

I agree if I had an Apple Watch that would be a different situation!

3 Likes

I love my Watch. It’s my favorite thing. It should be called the Magic Watch.

This photo doesn’t do it justice. Minnie is animated.

6 Likes

w/ your MB you don’t have to take anything out of a wallet, you just press and enter your pin and it’s paid/ charged

3 Likes

I Love, love, love the Disney animation on those watches :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t use Apple products or use that technology with Google either so I forget a lot of people have those. I can’t stand to wear a watch so it doesn’t even register in my mind people use them for payment places. In your case then that wouldn’t matter, but for old school folks like me it’s way easier to tap your band than pull out my credit card.

3 Likes

Me neither! A watch is like being shackled to time.

2 Likes

Same use Apple Pay for just about everything-

I don’t use magic band for charging- somewhat old school as I still use discounted gift cards. But at this point I use the virtual cards through the app so no need to even stop by the desk to pay off

1 Like