What WDW value hotel would you choose for a solo trip?

And the parking fee when I was at Dolphin in November was double the value resorts

3 Likes

Now you’ve all got me excited about Pop, but I can’t find any availability. :roll_eyes:

Does availability at WDW resorts tend to fluctuate this far out (5 months)—or is it that once something’s fully booked up, it tends to stay booked?

1 Like

That time of year is pretty quick to sell out and Pop is the most popular by far.

2 Likes

So, if you had the choice of All Star Movies or Sports (no Skyliner) vs. AoA Little Mermaid (Skyliner, but a hike to it), which would you pick?

I just did my first ever on property trip and we stayed all All Star Movies and would do so again if I was traveling with a small group. We were so close to our car and not far from either our own lobby or the lobby for music.
The staff was so helpful and friendly. And the gift shop was huge. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety at the food court.

3 Likes

I guess no-Skyliner isn’t a deal-breaker. With the money I’m saving at a Value, I can probably afford to Uber/Lyft quite a lot.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’d ever choose the LM rooms bc they are the most expensive.

3 Likes

Have you checked out this recent TP Blog post …

1 Like

It’s incredibly dynamic.

Book what you can for now, and attempt to modify frequently.

4 Likes

ASMovies

Because if I can’t stay Pop then I want to go really cheap, and Movies has the best theming IMO

5 Likes

What’s the best way to monitor availability—just check on the official Disney site?

1 Like

Yup. Stalk the site.

4 Likes

Yes. Daily. Hourly. Minute-ly

6 Likes

Yes, thanks for the link! This is more about when to go—which I’ve already nailed down.

1 Like

Movies is my favorite, over the top, theming!

4 Likes

Okay, you guys sold me on Movies. I’ll book it to have something in hand, but I’ll keep my eye open for a Pop-up (maybe not minute-ly, though).

3 Likes

Then do you even really want it if you’re not willing to put in full effort??

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I feel like sports is not a very Disney tie in.
Music could be ? I’d hope for Calypso.

1 Like

The mighty ducks

1 Like

I have only ever stayed All Star Music and Art of Animation. And it’s been over a decade now for either. However, I drastically prefer AoA to ASMu. Leaps and bounds.

Depending on my situation now I think my order of preference if the difference in price isn’t a deal breaker:

AoA - Little Mermaid room or Car Suite (but that negates your not staying Deluxe). I love Little Mermaid as it’s my childhood favorite plus the cones at the Cars pool look neat and don’t require reservations/money.

Pop - for the Skyliner and it’s higher reviews.

ASMovies - for the theming and updated rooms

ASMusic - updated rooms

ASSports - worst theming in my opinion, non-refurbished rooms and large groups of schools here for for sports competitions choose this resort and no thank you to groups of cheerleaders or soccer players hyped up with energy screaming in the public spaces

2 Likes