What type of Disney fanatic are you?

Okay, we all love the WDW magic. But what single aspect of the Disney experience engages most of your focus?

What type of Disney fanatic are you?
  • resorts
  • rides
  • shows
  • character meets
  • theming
  • food
  • merchandise
  • other (specify in reply)

0 voters

1 Like

The theming is what I think creates the bubble. So it is the theming of the rides, shows, restaurants, and resorts that makes it such a special place for me!

3 Likes

It is impossible for me to choose. All of these are parts of the whole. If any one of them were missing from my experience it would be disappointing (except maybe merch)

5 Likes

Agree—but if rides were missing, I wouldn’t go, so that gets my vote.

3 Likes

This is what I did. Which one would make me not throw money at this giant evil corporation? Theming. 100%

2 Likes

Definitely this!!

If I had to add something for ‘other’ it would be weather. I cannot wait to feel that Florida heat again in the future!! :sunny::sunny::sunny:
(I appreciate that the heat is a hindrance to some).

4 Likes

I almost added weather as an option!

1 Like

I can go pretty much anywhere for rides. But it is the Disney theming of their rides and everything else that has me coming back. As rides go, almost everything at Disney is rather “meh” without theming.

2 Likes

I think the weather factor more aligned with this type of poll:

For your poll, theming can be attached to all the other options, so…

For me:

#1 Rides/Attractions
#2 Dining Experience (food is pretty broad, thinking about those special TS Restaurants)

2 Likes

I think it’s the merging of rides+theming that creates the draw for theme parks (Disney and Universal) over our local amusement park (which is really just rides). If either is missing, it’s not a destination worth a full vacation for our family.

4 Likes

Exactly this.
The rides are the vehicle for Disney’s storytelling and making the theming immersive & interactive.
If every attraction was replaced with a poster or mural, I can’t imagine many would be thrilled by WDW - the Gallery.

1 Like

Obviously, Disney is more than the sum of its parts. You can’t REALLY only pick one. Instead, this is really about picking what “engages most of [my] focus”. Rides are definitely PART of that…but only in as much as they provide theming. It really is the theming that makes the rides at Disney engaging.

I didn’t take the poll to mean if you could ONLY have one of these these.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s why I phrased it as focus.

1 Like

I agree with the rides + theming as the magic recipe, but I voted for rides since that is my primary focus while I’m at Disney.

2 Likes

My cousin and her DH came to help celebrate a major birthday of mine. She’d never been to the World while he’d not been in 25 years at least. Between dumb sports choices as a kid and a car wreck, neither could ride any kind of rolley coaster.

I chose vintage Uncle Walt as a theme, trying for attractions and the odd ride (Carousel of Progress is a ride, no? ).

Since my cousin wasn’t aware of how huge the World is, they’d scheduled only a few days to tour with us. We left out HS - this was before Toy Story and StarWarsLand, tho they’re not into tv or movies. Thus Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom mornings and Epcot evenings.

We had a great time. So much so my cousin joined us again on our next trip. Tho both husbands declined - been there done that. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s shows for us. I keep scheduling shows. Folks say, yeah it was good. No we don’t need to do that again.:thinking:

1 Like

All of the above. :blush:

3 Likes

I chose theming. That seemed the closest match to the idea of the whole result being much more than the sum of its parts. The way Disney combines rides/attractions/shows with food, scenery/decor, people, themed hotels, transportation, the landscaping (including lakes and large acreage) into a whole “not in Kansas anymore” feeling. Pure escapism.

3 Likes

I picked Other - for me it’s the people. and the smell. and the warm hug being there gives me.
If I had to pick one thing on that list that would stop me from going, it would be the resorts. If I wasn’t staying on property, I wouldn’t go and that’s only because I don’t live there. If every other thing on that list was missing, I’d still go. If I lived there, I would go every day. Because people. and smell. and warm hug.

2 Likes

I was about to choose rides, but honestly, some of the rides at Disney aren’t great (getting stuck on Small World is my worst nightmare).

Theming is probably the most important thing for me. The fact that they pump out the smell of vanilla in the parks (or gunpowder, etc on certain rides). The holiday decor. The cleanliness of the streets. The overall feel and look is what gets me—and that’s why I am sad they’re rebranding Splash Mountain, which my husband and I fondly remember as kids.

Weather is a close third choice. We only go in December!

2 Likes