Poll Time! Best Time of Year to Visit WDW?

I think it’s time for a nice, fun poll to get everyone’s minds off their work after that lovely holiday weekend!

I’ll split this poll into multiple parts. Please vote in each poll.

When is the best time of year to visit WDW?

Poll #1
When is the best weather?

• January
  • February
  • March
  • April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

0 voters

Poll #2
When is the best balance of crowds vs. offerings?

• After New Year’s through Memorial Day, excluding holidays
  • Spring holidays (Presidents Day, MLK Jr Day, Easter, Mardi Gras, Spring Break)
  • Summer non-holiday
  • Memorial Day, Independence Day, or Labor Day
  • From Labor Day until the week before Thanksgiving
  • Between Thanksgiving and the Christmas rush
  • Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays
  • Other (specify in comments)

0 voters

Poll #3
When is your favorite time for ambiance / mood?

• Festival of the Arts
  • Flower & Garden Festival
  • Food & Wine Festival
  • Independence Day
  • WDW Anniversary
  • Halloween
  • Christmas / Festival of the Holidays
  • Basic non-holiday / non-festival decor
  • Other (specify in comments)

0 voters

Poll #4
When is the best overall time to go to WDW, assuming the lowest crowds of that month?

• January
  • February
  • March
  • April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December
  • Specific holiday week (specify in comments)

0 voters

Poll #5
Do you typically go to WDW at your favorite time(s)?

• Always - when I go to WDW, I am always able to schedule for the ideal time of year (or I go multiple times, including my favorite time)
  • Usually - I am often able to arrange to go at my favorite time of year
  • Sometimes - I am sometimes able to go at the ideal time of year
  • Usually not - I am often constrained by work and school schedules, etc.
  • Never - I am constrained by work and school schedules, etc.
  • None of these options describes my situation (specify in comments)

0 voters

My importance level:

#1 Weather
#2 Crowds
#3 Offerings
#4 Ambience

(Last trip started in late Feb, low to moderate crowds, upper 70’s average temps, no rain, and was able to catch F&G in early March) It was amazing.

5 Likes

I voted usually go at my favorite time of year, but I expect that will change going forward. Because of DH’s job having huge chunks of paid time off at spring for Passover and early fall for Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur/Sukkos, we’ll likely be forced to travel then to save our actual PTO for sick days and such.

2 Likes

You might as well have written #2 in Dutch for all I understand of it :thinking:

‘None of these options describe my situation…’
Locked out of country due to Covid!!
Why isn’t there a petulant emoji???

5 Likes

Sorry for my Amero-centric poll wording! :joy:

Alas! (Did I use that word right?)

4 Likes

The DW is a teacher so we are locked into going during the worst weather or when it’s usually crowded. We opt for crowds, when we have not we usually regret it.

1 Like

I dunno - it sounded slightly sarcastic to me! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

On the bucket list was birthday at MK. Never again. It was bonkers. :crazy_face: (March 8) Previous trips had always been during “slower” times.

1 Like

Late April, after most school districts have had their spring breaks, and before the crazy heat hits, is just sublime. A nice balance between moderate crowds and Chamber of Commerce weather. It always seems the heat is starting to get a little too hot to handle right toward the end of our trips, in the first days of May.

2 Likes

I used to be able to do heat or crowds, but not both. Now I don’t want to do either. But then January kicked my behind with the cold. I’m giving it the chance to redeem itself Jan 2022. In the end, I’m divided. I picked April, Labor day to Thanksgiving, FARTS (Jan), and Sept. Mostly I just want to be there. But not in July.

2 Likes

Yes we will avoid summer at all costs. This last trip was so hot and rainy. But really it was one of only two weeks that worked for us until our next trip in April. I’m super glad we went and we did have a hell of a good time. But summer is not ideal and should be avoided whenever possible.

2 Likes

That was definitely our attitude until we HAD to go in the summer. We made it work and still had a very good time. Ideally we’d go early, nap during the hottest part of the afternoon (and the highest probability for torrential downpours) and then go again late. That worked surprisingly well for us in general. Limited hours this year hurt that plan as a few days the parks just weren’t open late enough to justify going back.

But in general we enjoyed our summer trips far more than I expected. Definitely would still rather go early December, but if you no longer have that choice, you can make summer work and still have a lot of fun…

1 Like

Same.

We have been in summer before out of necessity. And making it work when that’s the case was the point of my disclaimer.

That said, the question is around preferred time to visit. And for me summer just ain’t it.

1 Like

That’s fair and our viewpoint too. In your original you said “at all cost” which I erroneously read as “don’t go then” which I don’t think is fair. A summer DIS trip is still a lot better than no Disney trip…

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like