What time should I arrive at Hollywood studios for a 7am opening so I get a virtual line boarding pass for rise of the resistance?

Question in the title. Before I was thinking we’d need to get there two hours early but hoping now a 6am arrival will get my magic band scanned so I can order a boarding pass at 7am opening on the dot. We going Jan 7 and 9 in hopes we make it on both times but at least once. Thanks!

I recommend arriving 30-60 minutes before scheduled park opening as long as the current procedure is in place. They will let you in around 30 min before park opening and then BGs will start to be distributed about a minute after park opening. Be quick with your app (and log in with the same credentials on multiple phones) and you should get a decent BG.

2 Likes

Also read the first post in this thread for other questions:

1 Like

6am open today, got to the parking lot at 5:20, through bag check very quickly. Stay to the far right (there are more tapstyles hidden behind a little construction project). They opened the taps at 5:35 and we were through very quickly thanks to them not scanning fingerprints, just tap and go. Have your app open and at exact opening time hit the My status button and then request boarding group. We got BG 22 today, which was called to board the ride at 6:34 if I remember right.

7 Likes

Awesome! Congrats on the expert navigation of the BG system!

1 Like

I learned it all right here from you. Thanks Jeff!

4 Likes

Thank you so very much! I’m so very worried we won’t get on. So when you say multiple phones you mean have my hubby and 12yo and 15yo kids all get on the app with me and see who gets the best group number? I assume we do all four reservations at the same time so we’re in the same group and not individually. I’ll go read your attached thread because you probably answer this question there LOL

1 Like

Only one of you (whoever’s quickest) would be able to get a BG, because you’re limited to just one per day.

Of course, if anyone forgets to select the whole group, then they may end up with one and the rest of you will be thwarted a bit because you’ll have to drop them! :astonished:

2 Likes

Thanks! I just got my 15yo son to download the app and we found exactly where we get the Boarding Group. So it’ll be just like FASTPASS where you select the members of your party and click Next a bunch of times I’m guessing? I will try to instruct them all with a FASTPASS+ example so they can see the system and not screw it up! LOL :wink:

Yes that’s right. On the MDE homepage, select “Find Out More” under the RotR heading and then click “My Status” (NOT “Join Boarding Group” - this button doesn’t refresh from the server as quickly). Then go through the steps to add your party to a BG. The first one to get through should add your entire party.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the tip because we were so gonna hit Join Boarding Group. I’ll go share this with my whole family, whom I’ve just trained! We’re on a mission…

1 Like

Is that hitting the ‘my status’ button at exact opening time or 01 minute past as it seems to be the actual time that the BP system opens up?

You can practice from home tomorrow morning! You won’t be able to get all the way to being issued a BG but you can get to the “add to your party” part. Try right at 6am and keep trying till 6:01am when it supposedly opens. (Or wait till a 7 or 8am opening day if you can. :wink:)

1 Like

Great advice! I shall wake up my kids at 5am CST ha ha ha (evil laugh) for their “fire” drill. They’ll love how prepared their mom is when they ride though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exact opening, for us right at 6:00.

2 Likes

We will be there during this time also. At first I was not too worried park opening was 8am, but they have moved the park open time to 7am. We are going with my mom and she isn’t a morning person and is pretty slow:weary: I really hope we can get in and get a boarding group. I might have to leave her at the room so at least me and my son can ride lol

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat amberlys94! We bought the paid for evening hours at Magic Kingdom which are pretty expensive and last till 11pm a couple of months ago when the opening time was 9am at DHS and we were planning on taking the next day as a rest day anyway. But when they came out with you can’t just get there early and do the standby line like we were very successfully able to do with Avatar and be off the ride less than 30 minutes after official opening time I started to get worried. The more I read the more worried I got so I said well we can still do an 11pm finish at MK and then a 9am opening at DHS. Then two weeks ago they moved the start time to 8am and then this last week to 7am. The kids and I are not morning people and the second day we go my 60+ parents who are also not morning people are joining us. Please pray we don’t end up disowning each other after all the exhaustion. :stuck_out_tongue: They also bumped the start times for the races this year so we have to get up even earlier to race too. I’m just gonna be a zombie when we get back home! LOL

Hi Jeff_AZ, how would logging in on multiple phones be helpful? Could that make it worse (increase the chance of a glitch or something)? Just wondering…
Thanks

1 Like

Each person should log in with the same credentials and try to get a BG assigned for all members of your party. The first person to actually get to the part where you are assigned a BG will be the only one who is successfully able to do so. What this helps with is if one person has trouble connecting or if there is a glitch, another person can be ready to make an attempt immediately while the other one reboots the app. Every second counts in the first 5-10 minutes.

2 Likes