What special thing do you take to Disney?

Sorry. I was just trying for humor at the idea of so much laundry. Apparently did come off that way. My apologies!

2 Likes

I recently bought an electric kettle for hotel trips. No matter how many times you wash out a hotel coffee maker, it makes terrible tea. And for me, there is no morning without tea! :tea:

6 Likes

DS18 Has been doing his own laundry, or helping with the family laundry, since he was eight years old. Last semester he had a very full load at college, plus 2 jobs. When I could see that he was scraping the bottle of his wardrobe barrel more than once or twice I did jump in to help them out. At that point it wasn’t his expectation. It was just a way of loving this hard-working kid.

3 Likes

no apologies needed

1 Like

yass. exactly

I love candles and have many at home. Cannot bring to use them in hotels, so for my Disney trips I have a set of little battery powered “candles” to have at my bedside and bath, and on my AKL balcony for a bedtime cup of tea.

6 Likes

Ugh. I even made a typo in my apology. This is because I am trying to post from my phone. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

@ryan1. you do understand you are probz my favorite liner. FWIW

2 Likes

That’s a lovely idea. I didn’t know there were rules against candles. We have a balcony, too, what a great tip. Thanks!

2 Likes

For years I packed a canned candle and only stopped taking it when I realized I was barely using it.

At home I use tons of candles. What are your favorite?

1 Like

I buy them when I travel to remind me of the fun and beautiful places I visit. My favorite right now is the National Parks series: they are decorated with art or photos of the parks and each has a fragrance associated with that park. Inspired by your question I just lit my Zion National Park candle!

2 Likes

Okay, if Yellowstone doesn’t have a hint of sulfur, I’ll be seriously disappointed!:rofl:

But I was wondering about taking scented flameless candles. Does AKL have a signature scent? I remember last time I was at WDW, we were at YC and there was a great balsam scent, BC had sugar cookies. It was Christmas. I can’t remember if the rooms also had a bit of that.

5 Likes

Your question got me wondering about Disney scented candles – it turns out it is a whole huge thing, but from non-Disney vendors. Try googling Disney scented candles" and you will see!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s pretty cool! I just really loved the little extra magic that the scents created.

We bring a bright, yellow bandana and tie it onto one of the handles of the stroller. This makes it much easier to spot our stroller in a sea of parked strollers.

4 Likes

We did the same with a little rainbow flag sticking up from our stroller. I forgot that not everyone included that on a list of travel items! We were traveling with a group of lgbtq families, though, so it made our group smile and a lot of CMs, too.

:blush: