What special thing do you take to Disney?

That’s cute! Does he get to go into the parks? I like traditions like this & @Ariadne’s dice. We used to do countdowns with little plastic Disney figurines all lined up on the mantel.

1 Like

He must have some Skywalker blood in him :wink:

1 Like

:joy:

This thread is super helpful. First timer here with kids.
I’m trying my best to pimp my stroller-
Clip Fan
Light-weight muslin cover so the little one can nap
Insulated cup holder across the hand bars
Insulated side saddle bag
2 additional clip-on cup holders
We’re also getting those instant-cool towels for around our necks and for the little on to lay over her when it’s nap time.

Also, matching Disney Pjs for the kids for their stay.

2 Likes

We took my wife’s stuffed Mickey from her childhood. Made photos extra fun.
I have a camping clothesline that we try to remember to take on vacations–it attaches via suction or hooks to walls, and has twisty elastic so you can hang more things up. https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Travel-Clothes-Line/dp/B007712D4Q/ref=sr_1_45?hvadid=174233350311&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9007326&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=9277696567753515392&hvtargid=aud-647006051489%3Akwd-3365635853&keywords=camping+clothesline&qid=1553353000&s=gateway&sr=8-45

2 Likes

Travelon makes some really innovative travel items, don’t they?! I buy my soap paper from them. Since i usually only take a carryon, liquids space is at a premium: https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Laundry-Soap-Sheets-50-Count/dp/B000Y0CL8K/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=Soap+paper+travelon&qid=1553353411&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr0
They make all kinds of products in “paper” form.

Love this!

2 Likes

Oooo! Interesting. How many would be a large load? Or is it the same for large vs small?

One or two is good for a sink, I would probably use a few of them for a load. Maybe 4 for a small load. Some people don’t like that they aren’t sudsy but that does make them good for washing machines. If there is a bad spot you smush the paper right into it before washing. With dry hands!!!

1 Like

I would probably need 20 with my kiddos. There are usually more bad spots than good spots. I spend looooots of time applying stain remover. My mom jokes that I should buy stock in shout :grin:

While on vacation at Disney, I just put the dirty clothes away to deal with at home. I’m at WDW, there’s no such thing as laundry. The laundry fairy will take care of it at home. :fairy:t3: (Though she hasn’t visited me since I moved out of my parent’s house long ago. I miss the laundry fairy!)

3 Likes

That’s not awkward. That’s a reason to plan another trip!

4 Likes

i need a separate suitcase for my “ears” no im not dumbo :grin:

6 Likes

and then one day when least expected, YOU become the laundry fairy

2 Likes

I’m afraid that day may have already come! :open_mouth:

I hear you!! :smile:I take soap paper because we pack light, meaning some things may need to be washed, but generally only in the sink. We tend to steer clear of cotton, so it’s stuff that will dry out quickly. A lot of the newer synthetic fabrics are just great for that, and dry out if you get wet WHILE you’re wearing them, too!

yup i have grown men children but i still do their laundry when they come home…not because they expect it or even want me to…it’s my mom thing because I love them

3 Likes

Hmm. We had our kids doing their own laundry by the time they were 10. But that’s a mom thing, too. It is a lot of laundry for Mom to wash when you have 5 kids! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I bring my old cell phone. It has no service but still functions via wifi so i can connect to most apps including MDE, Lines app, etc…and can still take photos.

3 Likes

of course it is. and my kids do their own. Just saying its a love thing to do it for them

2 Likes

i am not an enabler here and had my kids doing their own chores early on…my point here is when they come home i like to help

2 Likes