What should we do with the Genie+/ILL Drop thread?

Seeing it as sorted by “Latest” and “all categories” upon logging in

You have to change it at the bottom of the thread back to “Normal” instead of “Tracking”

2 Likes

Oh ok. I just use the drop down, I’ve never done anything in my profile as far as I remember.

1 Like

I know but it should change automatically when I’ve read it - if I’m still following the thread I need to leave it on tracking.

1 Like

It saves me oodles of time every day clicking

At least 2 minutes over the course of 24hrs

Honestly sometimes it gets me into trouble. Someone will ask a question and I’ll answer it from the WDW world when it turns out to be a DL or UOR question.

2 Likes

I often do that too. I need to remember to look at the category first. I always assume things are WDW unless it’s obvious they’re not.

1 Like

V

Ah wait. So it sorts across all sun-forums (like WDW and Universal and Cava)? No, that would annoy me because I don’t care about most of it most of the time.

I’m happy just switching between WDW and DVC when I want to. And occasionally Cava now, if I want to gem up on G+ drops…

1 Like

Yes it’s like chat - which I know you don’t use - in that the most recently responded to thread is at the top. A lot of chat users find the forum hard to navigate and sorting by latest is the number one tip to make it easier for them.

2 Likes

You just crushed the hearts of all of us that post in these places. :rofl: This also explains now why I never see some people in most threads. I thought everyone looked at every thread. What if you miss something fabulous?

6 Likes

:raised_hand:

5 Likes

I have to go into each category and then sort by new. I wish the suggested related topics were editable somehow. That’s how zombie threads get resurrected.

2 Likes

Now that’s something I can’t do. Sort by New. I just have it sorted by Latest all the time. So I only notice a new thread as new because there’s only one lonely avatar next to it. :joy:

2 Likes

I miss all sorts of stuff. I just don’t have time to read it all.

I mostly scan for question type topics that I can either answer or want to see what others are suggesting.

If I do have spare time I might pick up a trip report but I’m really bad at finishing them. Like I think I left @sanstitre_has_left_the_building still in Canada, I never did find out how Florida went. Then I know he went back in February because of his planning thread but I don’t know if he even made it over.

See? I miss loads.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s latest not new.

What? Do you have a life or something? How do you not know everything everyone has done?!? :rofl:

5 Likes

Now that’s dangerous……

If I did that I wouldn’t know what I’d read. Because to get it down to zero you have to reach the end. And if you just scroll down then you can’t tell where you got to.

One day I might finish Matt’s Canada - FL trip. But if I just scrolled to the end to get the number down to zero then I’d have to start again.

4 Likes

All this chat got me thinking.

What would happen if I clicked on New??? Well there’s how I sort within a sub-forum.

See? This is educashunul, this is.

3 Likes

Yes, you can tell. The threads now have a red line break that shows where you stopped last time.

3 Likes

But then you haven’t scrolled all the way down to remove the numbers. That’s when you stop halfway and just click out of it.

3 Likes

@Nicky_S’s point was that if she scrolled down just to get the numbers down to 0, she’d miss where she needed to pick it up again.

2 Likes