What should we do with the Genie+/ILL Drop thread?

What Should we do with the Genie+/ILL Drop thread?

• Keep as-is and keep trying to update it as things change
  • Move it to La Cava

0 voters

So I’ve been working on the Genie+ drop thread for a while, based on my own research and the research of many of you here, trying to keep it up to date. Lately there have been a number of articles on blogs and Facebook posts repeating the drop times. I don’t know if they were sourced here (without credit) or were from their own research, but it seems the proliferation of this information has caused Disney to shake things up.

It’s been suggested that we move this to La Cava so it is only available for subscribers to TP. I am open to that idea but wanted to get other’s feedback before making a move like that. So please vote and discuss below.

1 Like

I voted to move it as a way to reward those willing to pay for the TP membership. That’s valuable info!
I’ll just have to remember to pay better attention to La Cava. I usually just switch between DisneyWorld and Universal!

1 Like

I don’t care one way or the other…but I’m not really clear as to what your motivation is for wanting to move it. Could you clarify?

Sort by latest!

1 Like

So that bloggers can’t access the info and publicise it.

Oh! I see. Got it. That makes sense.

I voted to move it because I think paid subscribers should have greater access to tips and important information that is posted to the forum. However, like @ozziecrew555 stated, I will have to remember to check La Cava because I typically just quickly check the WDW category. Also, some of the people who are “leaking” information (perhaps innocently) might be paid subscribers.

3 Likes

My hesitancy on moving it is that, as others have mentioned, there may be bloggers who have subscriptions and would find it anyway. Second, and more importantly, there may also be former members who, for whatever reason, are not or not always TP subscribers, but still are valuable contributors to the community. I would hate to leave them out.

3 Likes

Those are really good points and I agree. The other day I saw a pretty detailed blog post on Disney Tourist Blog, and I know he’s a close friend of Len and prior contributor to TP, so moving it wouldn’t stop him for example. You’ve convinced me to change my vote.

3 Likes

Uhh. . . . I’ve been a subscriber for years and never go to La Cava. Is this where all the cool kids have been hanging out without me?!

4 Likes

:laughing: I thought I was the only one. But seriously, you should check it out. Lots of good stuff posted in there!

2 Likes

I hardly ever go in, partly because of time and also because I really, really cannot fathom how it works. I can never find anything except the daily chat thread.

But I can see why hiding it might be a good idea.

3 Likes

I’ve been subscribing for years and I do not know what La Cava is.

2 Likes

I think that the fact that most people don’t know what La Cava is is an issue with moving this…

3 Likes

It works in exactly the same way as all the other categories.

Personally I sort mine by latest and then I see everything whatever category it was posted in.

5 Likes

Just about the only time I go into La Cava is if someone tags me in a thread there. But the threads are a bunch of “nonsense” (Okay, not really, but meaning, random topics) that I can’t find time to wade through on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I think its reasonable to have to pay a little to have this. It’s so cheap its basically free!

4 Likes

Exactly

I’m gonna guess that most people sort by latest.

4 Likes

Lots of people (me included) hide our trip reports there as well as lots of info we don’t want to be searchable on the web.

8 Likes

This kinda ties into my disdain for the detailed TP blog posts. Yes they are great and filled with valuable info, but you don’t have to have a subscription to access them which I think kinda sucks.

2 Likes