“What should we do next? Something good, something bad? Bit of both?”...“Your path you must decide.” Trip Report

That’s good to hear as we have onLy stayed Cabana Bay at Universal and are planning on doing it again as dear child wants to try the bowling next time and loved the lazy river.

4 Likes

We loved ours too, but we did private specifically because all three of us have motion sickness issues triggered by various causes (we’re a combined hot mess). So we were able to take a butterbeer break after 3 Velocicoasters in a row, and again after Hagrid’s.

I don’t think we can go back to “normal” again after this. And trying to do Disney/G+ right after would have been down right funny if it wasn’t so sad.

So we’re leaning towards shorten the trip, splurge on tours.

4 Likes

Yup two things that make it stand out above the others. Plus the back entrance to Volcano Bay and the much larger food court than any of the others.

3 Likes

Ditto. I was doing the math on the VIP tour at Disney. Like I’d prefer to stay at a moderate and book a couple of days of VIP tour than stay Deluxe and do this again. It’s miserable. Everyone says it including our Universal VIP tour guide who was laid off from Disney during the pandemic and now makes more money and is treated better at Universal she says.

5 Likes

I also just enjoy some of the resorts and could see doing a couple of days a long weekend deluxe sans parks!

2 Likes

The tour is absolutely better for Universal. More direct front of the line/back stage access. My guide was actually holding out his arms to stop anyone from bumping into me (crowd anxiety).

Disney is way more pleasant/Disney-esque as far as the guides go, but they will absolutely stop for every person asking them for pictures/directions/advice and no front of the line access. Only LL access.

I say do it. Shocker, I know. But you’d get everything you want done without having to get up early or plan around G=/LL. Disney and Universal also both know ahead of time what attractions are down and what to do instead so no surprises.

4 Likes

That’s such a good idea. And relaxing!

1 Like

I literally told hubby if we can’t afford to VIP I don’t know if I want to come back to Disney. I can do Universal with Express but the difference in my mood today and stress level was extremely noticeable just letting someone else tell me what to do (like you said with the lightning and RRR and she had a backup plan). I could just talk and enjoy peoples company and I barely looked at my phone all day. Compared to Disney where I was checking every five minutes for hours to get the right times if LL. I did really like WAT and SWGS (which did come with the LLs for those two rides). But basic Disney I’m done unless they fix this mess or we go VIP (that’s sad you pay more at Disney and don’t get to skip all lines including LL and the backstage access!).

5 Likes

after 3 Velocicoasters in a row

Our guide today said she once rode Hagrids 30 times in a row with one VIP tour and VelociCoaster 10 times in a row. I think I would die. Lol

7 Likes

I would die after VC that many times.

5 Likes

I cried riding VC just the one time. I’m wearing the Love is Universal Spirit Jersey. Partner in the Hulk shirt loved it.

12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

That’s how I felt after riding it!

8 Likes

You do not look like you’re enjoying that ride :rofl:

6 Likes

So much this! I’m so glad you all had a great time. It’s nice being able to focus on the ones you love, and not some tiny stress bucket machine o’ misery (phones)

Twice as much, and like you said the guides at UOR make a lot more.

Me too.

3 Likes

My kids rode VC back to back–I knew I couldn’t handle that. I think once a day works for me. Maybe twice many hours apart. :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah that one gave me some head pressure today and it was a little bumpier than I remember from Jan and last June. I think that Floridian sun really does something to the roller coasters smoothness cuz the same thing happened to RRR.

2 Likes

I have similar pics of me on Hulk from the gforces and losing my vision

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t think it was bumpy (just terrifying).

3 Likes

I didn’t remember that either but this time it was a little bumpy. Not RRR bumpy but not 100% smooth like my last few times

1 Like

And the last bad thing and probably why I was having a hard time on Sunday is I’m officially sick as is DH. Son seems okay.

4 Likes