“What should we do next? Something good, something bad? Bit of both?”...“Your path you must decide.” Trip Report

Prob should have bailed before transformers to do RRR but Wunderground showed no rain till 7pm. :-(. If it opens back up before 530 we’ll hit it. Otherwise and most likely it’s gonna be missed so it’s Florian Fortescues time.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna go choc chili and sticky toffee pudding. Am I wrong? Stop me now!

3 Likes

Also I’m seriously never gonna be able to not do this VIP. Like seriously one of the best parts of this trip.

3 Likes

RRR is doing testing. How long do they test before the y open cuz like ten trains have gone thru? Do we get in line? We have 15 min left

1 Like

We made it but it took a bit cuz someone vomited. Fun times. I found that rough this time. Heads feel like it’s gonna explode but I did get Rainbow Connection.

4 Likes

Fin

Do you have a case for your phone that can attach to a clip?

I know that they will take pictures and dump them in our PhotoPass accounts, but it would be nice to take a few of our own (and be able to snag a Genie+ midway…hopefully not as I pass over the alligators!).

2 Likes

There’s had a skinny loop that attached to the plain Jane phone. I’m trying to look at my phone now to find where it went and I can’t figure it out but I had a phone lanyard and they told me there’s was better and it was. It goes in the pocket of your vest.

1 Like

Choc chili was good but I wasn’t a fan of the bread pieces in the toffee pudding. I wouldn’t get that one again.

1 Like

So if I just have a standard phone case their lanyard should work w/ it? No need to scour Amazon for something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Overall I though the Sapphire Falls was a nice resort with poor housekeeping in the bathroom and if it weren’t for that I’d stay here again. However, Hard Rock and Portofino still rate higher for me as they are more themed plus express pass.

7 Likes

Yup!

2 Likes

I loved SWGS and BWI. Both fantastic resorts but we already knew what my feelings were regarding BWI based on @Jeff_AZ polling!

3 Likes

Excellent. Thank you so much. I can take that off my to do list!! :slight_smile:

(apparently since I replied to you three times I should consider just sending you a personal message…as per the forum gods)

6 Likes

My top ten

1. SWGS cast members. (I have some pics of name tags for some good reviews to send Disney) from the actors to the waitstaff. Just exemplary service
  2. the personalized adventures and game play of SWGS
  3. SWGS drinks (you would never have guessed from my pics would you!)
  4. WAT. Repeatable, amazing guides and experience with the highlight of lunch on the savannah
  5. club level at BWI. What a spread!
  6. our garden room from the huge tub, aloe Vera, foot lotion with mint for aching feet, to enjoying the cooler weather from the storm in the beautiful and peaceful garden
  7. GOTG Cosmic Rewind
  8. Harmonious from Spice Road Table
  9. VIP tour at Universal. Such an incredible value. 700+ hours of lines skipped (including any we would have had with express if we had gone that route) plus an amazing guide
  10. last trip with DS before college

For fair realistic balance
Bottom 5

1. locking keys in car
  2. TSA Precheck woes
  3. the heat!
  4. the unclean bathroom at Sapphire Falls
  5. the laryngitis I’ve developed from the screaming and talking so much!

One more bonus bottom: Genie+/LL system even though I accomplished what I wanted. It was extremely stressful. I really enjoyed the VIP tour today because I didn’t have to do anything. I could actually just enjoy attractions and people without worrying. Priceless!

15 Likes

Yeah it was telling me to wait 30 seconds and such which I also find annoying lol

1 Like

The guy at security was like you know you don’t get Precheck over here right. You’re gonna have to pull out laptops and take off shoes. NSS. Does he reallt think we made that choice to stand in a line and have to deal with all that hassle on accident? Lol. Solidarity. If DF has to suffer, we suffer too

7 Likes

You are nicer than I am. Dh has yet to sign up. When we flew to Indianapolis back in March I went to the PreCheck line and he went through regular security. :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah for hubby I would be meaner. He’s stuck with me. Lol

5 Likes

Of the hotels that don’t offer express pass (I haven’t stayed at dockside, but have at Surfside) the only one I’d repeat is Cabana Bay

5 Likes