What’s your (unpopular) opinion(s)?

I get that but wouldn’t it be better if everyone could have one rather than a few old tars?

3 Likes

I did NOT read that correctly on the first pass :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

More responding to you do get to choose your own, which I like, because your example lol but also don’t like because of what Scott would get stuck with and also someone would likely get missed and feel left out. Also, as new people came on it would feel very intimidating to see all these people with them and not know how they can make one. I remember when La Cava all of a sudden appeared and I had no clue what it was or if I was and so I stayed away a lot longer. Your mileage may vary.

4 Likes

Totally fair concerns.

3 Likes

Public thread

3 Likes

Old? We are not old! Seasoned. Yeah, seasoned.

4 Likes

The heck is an old tar? This made me laugh.

Okay, I googled. It is apparently a saying that I’ve went THIS MANY years without hearing. I like it.

5 Likes

Well, my unpopular opinion… I did not put Jungle Cruise in any of my plans for my upcoming trip. :woman_shrugging::rofl:

11 Likes

I agree with your unpopular opinion :face_with_peeking_eye:

It’s not one of our must dos either.

5 Likes

I learned about old tars (and a bunch of other useless trivia) from doing the NYT crossword puzzle every day with my wife. :rofl:

2 Likes

I wanted you to say that you knew old sailors that used the term.

You were just looking for somewhere to put that term into play, weren’t you?

4 Likes

I feel like this is a popular opinion, and if it’s not it should be.

7 Likes

I never do. I go on it like once every 3 years

3 Likes

I don’t like Soarin’ over California and I am super bummed that is what will be showing for my fall trips. Soarin’ over the world is one of my favorites.

5 Likes

I rode SoC only once, in 2006, and I remember liking it a lot. Then I rode SatW for the first time last year and loved it and have ridden it many times since; it’s now a fave.

I can’t compare the two directly because I don’t really remember any details about SoC. I just don’t recall being as thrilled by Soarin’ in 2006 as I’ve been since. I know people rag on the CGI of SatW, but some of my favorite parts are the polar bears and the whale and the other animals and the close encounters with some of the monuments and such.

I’m not sorry SoC will be there (probably) on my next trip in December, because I’m curious to experience it again. But I’m predicting I won’t love it as much as SatW.

3 Likes

SatW is one of my very, very favorites. It has become as iconic to me as Peter Pan once was. I love to ride both, very first thing when we get to that patk.

I am glad I saw SoC this past April, because like you, I want to experience everything!

I think.you hit on something - SatW has animals. Having those in between iconic visits amps up the emotions for me. When my family travles, it is never just the scenery we love, it is the scenery and the wildlife.

So if SoC had some bears, seals and humpback whales, I would probably like it more!

4 Likes

Like I said, I don’t remember details of SoC, but my vague impression is that the visuals were more monotonous than SatW.

1 Like

Yes! Great description right here. Your memory from 2006 is the same as mine from 2023!

1 Like

:scream: :cry: This just makes me sad!

5 Likes

Perhaps I should say, “I don’t love Soarin over California”. I love Soarin around the World!

5 Likes