What’s your (unpopular) opinion(s)?

Correction, DH and I will never ride it together.

1 Like

:anguished:

I hate it’s opening right when you are leaving!!

1 Like

Based on a comment form Len and Jim - when everything was ready, they found that one of the antique smoke stacks was an inch too tall to fit under a tunnel or bridge or something.

if I am right do I win a prize?

3 Likes

Still Tron’s fault if that’s the case!

1 Like

True point.

Just read on wikipedia that the original four trains (still in use) were built from salvaged Baldwin locomotives from the 1880s. Train number 4 used the salvaged smoke stack. So train number 4 bears a small bit of blame. But only because of Tron.

2 Likes

I’ve never actually eaten one of their cookies, but I bought some for someone else. The shop is cool inside. The merch and branding are excellent.

3 Likes

If I could only ever ride one of those again, it would be GOTG.

ROTR has a couple of wow moments and there’s a lot going on but they’ve already downgraded its functionality (the big guns no longer move). And the wait in line midway through takes you out of the immersion.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate please??

Unless it just means that some mysterious and incredibly sexy guy made genius notes on the cookie recipe, then I worked it out already :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’ll be very disappointed if I don’t get to ride Tron in June. I’m staying on-property so I will try for a VQ but if necessary I’ll pay for an ILL.

2 Likes

Ibuprofen

1 Like

That might make the bleeding worse

2 Likes

Same.
I’ll pay for it once to experience it (if I can’t get a VQ)
But probably not more than once.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

Though not sure how much “genius” there is in the note “roll dough in chocolate chips.”

5 Likes

I may or may not confirm that this may or may not be a reason :wink:

5 Likes

Oooh, I never thought about this from that perspective but the COVID hallway right after the storm tropper room really is the worst.

I find rides to be a lot like movies - even if it blows you away the first time you ride it, it may mot be the one you want to ride over and over again.

4 Likes

RE: Gideon’s, my favorite part of cookie dough is the dough, not the chips. In fact when I was a kid I was known to ask my mom to make chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips (so basically butter cookies lol). Nowadays I love chocolate chips, but still in low proportion to dough, especially when the chips are hard / cool.

So I’m thinking Gideon’s won’t be my favorite cookie. I don’t like eating a Hershey bar worth of chocolate with my cookie.

3 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

Okay, a discussion on a different thread made me come over here to post this.

Me and my DD thought the Wild Africa Trek was, well, fine. We definitely would not spend the money to do it again.

We DO want to do Up Close with Rhinos. We are major animal lovers. She wants to work at a zoo when she grows up.

7 Likes

:weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:

4 Likes

Your assessment makes me realise that I will likely not like them much either.
I also like the cookie bit of a cookie to be good and am not fussed for embellishments.
I will definitely try when I get the chance, but I will temper my expectations accordingly :+1:t2:

There’s a cookie chain in the UK called Millie’s Cookies. Those are my favourite. If anyone is in the UK, try them and let me know how they compare with the US chains.

5 Likes