What is Your Ideal Number of Park Days?

How many park days does your family enjoy before feeling like you’re done? I realize the answers will be all over the place based on a number of considerations. But I am just curious :slight_smile: In our family, DD and I could go 6 days straight and want to keep going. DH and DSons need rest days and are usually done after 4 days. What’s it like for you/your people?

2 Likes

For me I feel satisfied with 8 at WDW. Two for each park so I can space things out. Four is the bare minimum. I can’t say I wouldn’t enjoy more than 8, but each day after that is diminishing returns.

7 Likes

I like the way you think! For our upcoming trip we are likely doing 4 day PH and I am rationalizing that it’s like 8 days b/c we will hop :joy:

2 Likes

4 days and 1 break day is ideal for us. We’ve done shorter trips, but not longer.

3 Likes

My family is done way before me

We never tour full days more than two in a row.

I think the ideal would be 8 park days over the course of 12 vacation days as that would allow two days at each park and rest days every third day; rest days could be used to visit DS

5 Likes

OMG we are twins!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

When DW and I were dating, I took her to WDW for 7 nights. Let’s just say the last 2 park days were solo days for me while she was at the resort pool. Ever since then our WDW visits have been 4-5 nights.

My kids (ages 8 and 6) always want to stay longer so I suspect they would be in line with my preference of 7-8 nights. The three of us are lobbying DW to agree to 6 nights next visit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More than this :rofl:

It will be fun to see the ideal number of park days get to a crazy number in time :rofl:

5 Likes

This is our plan for upcoming May trip. 2 days, full break, 2 days. I could keep going though (I think!!)

4 Likes

Yesssss this is the dream scenario! At least for me it is! DH probably not so much :joy:

3 Likes

Definitely! Not from park open to close, though. Without breaks throughout the day, I end up with blisters by day 3.

3 Likes

Umm that is awesome :rofl:

2 Likes

I was just saying this with a friend. Our fam has never done rope drop to park close ever. We have also never toured without a stroller until May 12 of this year :rofl: I have one child who will remain nameless who’s legs may not survive!

2 Likes

That is amazing! That is a super fantastic date trip!

1 Like

I don’t recommend. Well, actually, I don’t think I can do it anymore, unless I have a scooter. Last time I did that, I could barely walk when the park closed. It took me a full day to recover.

I’m so sorry! That sounds miserable. I have plantar fasciitis and have been walking and doing all my stretches in preparation!

1 Like

I like 10 days. Hit each park twice with 2 break days

That 12 day plan sounds nice as well. Or maybe a full month like Bubblez did back in December

9 Likes

With 4 park days, I wouldn’t bother with hoppers…it would just be wasting time. I don’t feel hoppers really are worth it until you hit 6 days. (Or 3 days, but you want to hit all 4 parks.)

3 Likes

I have hoppers for our upcoming trip in June! The main reason being that this way, we can ride Tron and GotG multiple times instead of once or twice. We are hopping to either EP or MK every day. :flushed:

7 Likes

I’ll allow it.

3 Likes