What is Your Ideal Number of Park Days?

6 Likes

We go for 2 weeks, all park days though with an afternoon break most days, and honestly I’d like to do 3 weeks. Last trip though the teen stayed in bed all day on day 10 or 11.

6 Likes

We prefer our trips to be 10-14 days in Florida. Then we have 5-6 park days of Rope Drop-to-close spaced out. We like to do other things in Florida as well. We don’t typically have hoppers, though we did in 2019.

2 Likes

Our first family vacation without a stroller was 2022 to UOR and I missed it SO much. We’d been using one since our 2001 trip.

4 Likes

Ditto

We usual do 7 days. I really can’t imagine 4 days

A stroller is like an assistant

2 Likes

Hoppers are more important imo the fewer trip days. Hoppers extend options

5 Likes

I agree. I kind of wish we’d had them in 2022 when Marie and I went. We ran out of things to do in AK and EP and it would have been nice to go back to MK or HS for PM stuff.

3 Likes

Once we went to MK, to rope drop Harmony Barber Shop (before reservations) so my adult niece could get her hair in Mickey ears. Then we left for HS. Felt like salmon swimming upstream. :wink: park hoppers :sunglasses:

4 Likes

They do offer cool flexibility. But they can be very expensive and just adding days is often cheaper. And more days… :wink:

1 Like

Yes!! Would also love this. Would also mean getting an annual pass :grin::grin::grin:

WDW Bucket list hopes and dreams on a Monday morning!!

1 Like

Same!!! We’ve been enough we are not trying to do everything just our favorites :grin:

2 Likes

And more days :wink::wink:

1 Like

We are getting rrreeeaaaaalll close to that stage with my kids!!

2 Likes

What else do yall enjoy while in FL? This May trip is WDW only but we are thinking of returning for the new Universal things in a few years and would not do any WDW that trip (:sob::sob::sob:). Would like to take the opportunity to branch out!

1 Like

I am just envisioning me running behind them loaded down with all their cups and popcorn buckets :joy::joy::joy: can I get a stroller just to haul their junk?? DS9 is small for his age— least likely to need the stroller but must likely to fit :rofl:

2 Likes

Our upcoming trip is 6 park days with hoppers. Young kids so need a break, hopping works for us. Plus staying near Epcot, so like the idea of popping in for food and snacks or a quick ride.

6 feels like a good amount at this stage, I’ll report back! Last trip I believe was similar.

1 Like

We used to live in NY and getting to FL was a real effort whether flying or driving. So once we are in FL we liked to sink in and do a variety.

At different times we have had friends move to FL and we enjoyed seeing them. Each set has since left for NC, however.

We enjoy things like Gatorland (ziplinging), Lowry Zoo, flea markets, outlet shopping, etc.
We have done Kennedy Space Center. One trip we went to Gulf Coast beach.
We’ve done Holyland Experience, Busch Gardens Tampa, SeaWorld, Aquatica.
We’ve also dipped out of our rental for a short cruise.

We’ve done UOR, but that was UOR focused; and a shorter-for-us 8-night trip.

I highly recommend Gatorland. My kids still talk about that and it was almost 8 years ago. They ziplined… over alligators.

1 Like

I’m going to politely disagree! We just came back from a trip where we had four park days planned, and the park hoppers absolutely made it feel like 8 park days. We loved the flexibility, and DH and DD9 even pulled off a “double rope drop, 4 park day” that was spontaneous and fun. If you rope drop, you can really cover a lot before noon, take a break, and tackle a second park at night. We loved it!

4 Likes

I would not judge you for that!
We had season passes to our local amusement park past the age we needed a stroller - certainly not for a park that size… BUT it had a water park (towels) and they allowed outside food (coolers). I absolutely used the stroller for our gear.

2 Likes

8 to 10 days is ideal. I’ve found 7 park days to be the best for us. That gives us two days at MK, Epcot, and DHS and one day at AK. We usually take an early morning flight and head right to MK on day one. We don’t have rest days. We will only rope drop on our AK day and one Epcot day. After that, we head in to the parks between 9 and 11:00. We will sometimes take a 2 to 3 hour break later in the afternoon and then come back to the parks for dinner. Seven park days was ideal for our December trip.

2 Likes