What is your favourite time to reserve a TS for supper?

Hello!

If you had the choice of any time, what time would you reserve your TS supper? Specifically if you were doing a full park day (open to close) AND wanted to see the fireworks show.

Ex: We will rope drop MK and stay until fireworks. I am hoping to reserve 'Ohana. Leaving MK for this reservation will serve as a bit of down time. I am thinking if we have a quick/light breakfast, then an early QS lunch (around 11am) and then book the TS for around 4:30 pm (head over after the parade).

Other days- EX: HWS day I would like to book 50s or SciFi…but perhaps around 4pm would be a good time. That way it serves as a bit of a midday “break” and we are done when everyone else is trying to eat (and hopefully the lines would be less then!)

What is your favourite time to reserve?

2 Likes

I think your ideas are sound. Just before normal lunch or dinner hours are generally good times to go.

Let’s be clear on what you define as supper
Some people mean supper as the biggest meal of the day without regard to time.
Some people mean supper to be the evening meal regardless of size.

In any case I’ve really been finding recently that we enjoy a late afternoon large meal, around the 3-4pm hour, most of all. The trouble is not everywhere is open at that time. But when we can score that it works well. Allows for morning touring, a break if we want it, and still plenty of time for evening touring and nighttime shows after dinner. Eat too late and your time in park is very limited.

4 Likes

I like to reserve for the 4/4:30 time. I like to try to get first seating at a place to prevent delays. Also my kids typically eat at 5 so this helps to be at the restaurant when they are hungry.

4 Likes

We are not rope droppers so that probably influences my answer, but I find that most of our TS meals are around 7pm. It tracks with when we eat dinner at home as well.

2 Likes

Typically for us, it would mean our evening meal which is also the largest meal of the day! Yes I feel that booking earlier, as you said you enjoy, would fit well for us too as it serves as that break and then still allows for evening touring as you suggested. Also, if hungry, we can have a snack for the fireworks :slight_smile: Kids are always asking for popcorn!!

Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

Does that get you out in time for fireworks? I would be stressing.

If fireworks or night touring is not on my plan, 7pm is preferred

2 Likes

Great point!!

1 Like

Yes, I think I would be stressed as well. However if you don’t want to do fireworks it could certainly work but we will definitely be taking in the fireworks at MK, Epcot and Fantasmic at HWS.

2 Likes

We’ve never missed fireworks because we were still at a restaurant. And I can’t think of a time that we didn’t watch the fireworks when at a park. So I’m going to say yes, but with only 90% confidence. It would depend on the party size and the propensity for the group to dawdle I suppose.

2 Likes

Good to know!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

We usually make reservations between 5:30 and 6:30. Dinner at home is generally at 5:30 and we are creatures of habit! It generally gives us time to do a bit of evening touring or watching of fireworks as well.

3 Likes

We’re planning on opening and closing every park once during our 6 park days. We made our TS reservations all between 2p and 330p.

We eat breakfast in room or likely out of our park bags while waiting to enter in the morning. Kids pack their own park bag each morning with snacks and water so they have their own access to it all day.

We’ll shoot from the hip and do food carts or QS in that 9a to 10a time frame if required.

Then look forward to that sit down reservation during the hottest part of the day and double it as a 60 to 90 minute in park break.

This idea floats well with the kids as we then tell them it’s all about the treats and ice cream and all the other glorious junk on offer at Disney for the evening and nighttime. The bonus is that your hungry again for it by 6p or 7p and no longer laden from dinner.

4 Likes

Same, though we have booked the odd 4.30 or 7.

2 Likes

Yes! I like your thinking…having your sit down in the middle of the afternoon when it is hottest and busiest is a great idea. On our last trip (pre pandemic) we ate at the usual 530-630 range and no one was ever hungry for evening snacks! This way the kids (and adults!) can enjoy some treats in the evening.

2 Likes

The problem with TS at our usual dinner hours (6-8pm) is that it messes up the time we use to go on rides with low waits, enjoy the cooler weather, or use stacked LLs.

I have decided to book only one TS/day and for lunch 11-4, when it’s hot, crowded and miserable outside.

4 Likes

Great Idea! I think that I will do this as well, at least on some of our park days. It would work well at HWS and Epcot for us… MK we plan to watch the parade at 3pm so I think I will book Ohana for 430ish. Also, AK I am hoping to do Tusker brunch (1030 reservation) and then have a lighter/quicker supper that evening.

2 Likes

I haven’t done breakfast/brunch at Tusker house, but lunch there was considered the best meal by all the adults in our recent trip. It’s fresh and very tasty.

1 Like

Have they increased the offerings?

This was always one of our favorite places for a late breakfast. (early breakfast when they were small). But last year it was so dumbed down I couldn’t even stand it. It was basic breakfast we could get at any QS food court with a premium price tag because characters. It made us all very sad because it used to be so good :frowning:

Maybe they’ll bring the buffet back soon?

2 Likes

We did a pre park opening breakfast there (before covid) and it was awesome!! Food was delicious, characters were great and we got to Pandora before the crowds!

I hear if you book around 1030 that there is still breakfast food plus they are bringing out lunch food…so you get the best of both worlds! That’s what I am going to aim for now that we can’t do PPO breakfast.

1 Like