What is your favourite time to reserve a TS for supper?

I think it’s still family style now :frowning:

1 Like

Oh no!! I didn’t realize that!! I will keep my eye open before we go for sure. I am still banking on that fact that the dining plan will be back before our trip!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

When is your trip???

Not until March 2023. (Yes I know…I am asking a lot of questions for it being so far away lol…but I like to plan!!) :grinning: :grinning:

I’ll be surprised if it’s back by then, honestly.

Actually, I’ll be surprised if it ever returns.

I hope I’m wrong on this one, I really do!

1 Like

Also, to add to that, my family of 4 has been there before. But out best friends (family of 5) are joining us this time and they have never been. The kids have never been on a plane. I am more excited to see them experience it then myself!!

2 Likes

It’s always super fun to bring a newbie along!

1 Like

I hope you are wrong too! LOL…I thought they announced that it would be back in 2022. I could be wrong and they could change their mind as well!

1 Like

Well, I went back to my TR and camera roll, and it looks like I neglected to take pictures of the offerings.

For lunch, there were several options of meet in one plate, 2 different types of rice, many types of bread. More food that we could eat, everything was delicious.

Dessert was not good though. The brownie was the only thing we liked.

3 Likes

It does sound like lunch is better than breakfast then. Breakfast is eggs, bacon, sausage, mickey waffles, fruit, pastry. And one small slightly more specialty dish which I recall being very good but which was not so good that I remember exactly what it was :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow, terrible.
I am thinking if the buffet at Boma were replaced by the family style breakfast you listed… I would be so disappointed. I get it now.

4 Likes

Yes I would a million times over go to Boma right now for breakfast v Tusker.

5 Likes

I eat at home between 4:30-5; so tend to book same at WDW. Don’t like to eat dinner late. For lunch, we usually do 11:30; that’s usually about the time parks really start to get busy and we are ready for a break.

3 Likes

Our favorite schedule recently is a late breakfast (TS or QS) either after rope dropping or as a start after sleeping late and early 5:00ish TS dinner. Then we have the best part of the day (evening) for touring, fireworks etc.

1 Like

I usually make reservations at odd times to avoid crowds - zig when they zag and all that.

Having a big lunch at 11am or 1pm and then having a QS dinner is one approach we have found successful. The other is to eat QS at 10:30 or 11 and then have a TS dinner at 4pm or 5pm.

5 Likes

They did announce it would be coming back, because I was annoyed we got a dining credit instead of free dining and thought if I’d waited a couple of months I could have got the dining plan. But as it turns out I couldn’t! (Our trip is next week so no hope for us)

2 Likes

I learned a sit down lunch is nice to serve as a break. Also, that allows us to leave the parks for good when instead of feeling tied down due to an ADR

2 Likes

One thing to consider is that in the hotter months we are never super hungry for a big meal in the middle of the day. That may be a pro or a con, depending. So while it’s nice to get out of the heat/crowds for a meal, we prefer to eat our expensive TS meal late in the day.

2 Likes

When we have our evening meal depends on our touring plans for that particular trip.

We might be doing late night touring and opt for latest seating to enjoy walking out of an empty park.

While we used to do earliest breakfast, since at least 2018 or maybe 2017 we’ve moved breakfast to about 10:30.

This last week, because of the heat, we’d try to leave about noon for our resort. Head back out about 4 - 4:30. Most ADRs last week were at 5 or during that hour.
Some days, leaving the restaurant, we could definitely feel the cooler temps.

2 Likes

All great tips!! Thanks everyone!!