What is the best Stroller for a 4 & 7 year old

We will doing 6 days at the parks on our next trip and I know my kids will need a stroller with all the walking. What is the best stroller for kids 4 and 7? My oldest is Tall and weighs around 50 lbs and my youngest is around 41 inches and weighs 40 lbs. I would really like to use a double but I just don’t know which will be best for them.

We had the citizens mini GT double rented from Kingdom strollers. I believe weight limit was 100. Check it out. Was awesome and so easy to rent.

1 Like

The Disney one. Your kids are old enough that they don’t need a stroller at the hotel or on transportation. Just use it in the parks. It’s more expensive but you can pick it up at the entry gate and leave it when you’re done without having to lug it everywhere.

2 Likes

I agree with @Figment20. It will be perfect and Kingdom Strollers is a great company! Enjoy!

2 Likes

We got two individual ones from the park for my kids when they were 4 and 7. They were able to handle 50lbs.

While either one would’ve of course survived without them, I’m happy we got them. The younger one spent a good amount of time in it, older one occasionally rested her feet there. It’s a huge upside for us to get them within the park, so travelling to and from is much more convenient.

2 Likes

City Mini GT double!

1 Like

We just had the citi mini GT double for our 8 & 5 year old from Kingdom. I know they are old enough to not need a stroller but we got so much more done with it. And it was helpful after fireworks with the large crowds. We go in the summer and it helps them stay in the shade and have more energy.

4 Likes

Amen. Time is money. :+1:

And I feel SOOOOOOOO much safer when they are container with after fireworks crowds. :heart:

4 Likes

Agree! Best thing. I’ll be getting a double for My 3 and 6 year old next time! And I bet the 6 will love it more then the three!

4 Likes

We found a citi mini double on our local fb marketplace for our 3 and 7 year olds. 7 is a little too tall for it but doesn’t care as long as she gets to ride. I think renting in the parks would have been much easier but less comfy (can’t decline) and no good at the end of the night when kids are exhausted leaving the park. Just a pain to deal with on the plane and bus—we don’t use a stroller much anymore at home and when we do, it is just a little umbrella one. Is it uncouth to make 7 help carry the folded stroller on the bus??

1 Like

No stroller. Generally, once our kids were 4 we didn’t use them any longer. So much nicer.

1 Like

The strollers Disney offers are excellent for the parks, and I will fully admit we rented those strollers until our children were almost 10 years old (our kiddos were and are peanuts - the biggest one as an 18 year old is 5’2" and 100lbs).

Strollers gives both child and parent a nice break, child gets to rest their weary feet, parents gets a break from negotiating where y’all are going and at what pace. We found the Disney double stroller much better than the singles.

2 Likes

How long ago? I noticed a change in design a few years ago. But I agree that prior to 2014 that Disney double rocked.

I remember well the first day on the trip I thought we’d only need the double from home (fall 2007) for our 1 & 3 yos and our 5 & 7 could walk. Halfway over the bridge to Camp Mickey Minnie when I realize there was no way they were going to keep up the pace I spun on my heels and walked back to stroller rental and grabbed myself a Disney double.

FF to fall 2011 when we brought our sit and stand from home for 11-mo and my first stop in the park was for a Disney double. We used the Disney stroller for our then 5- & 6- yos, and used the back of the sit and stand now and then to give the 8 and 10 year olds an occasional break. We found that in a pinch, we could actually fit three of our kids in that Disney double, including our 10-year-old son (He was always in the 5th percentile for growth charts), and two on the sit and stand. It was not our standard touring set up by any means, but it came in handy a few times.

3 Likes

Wait. @ryan1, you’re not a fan of strollers? No way! :thinking::wink::wink::wink:

(I know - cargo pants for the win.)

1 Like

I think the last time I used the double stroller was in 2015(ish), tbh I used it with our youngest solo so I might not have noticed changes to the design. And yes, I totally just admitted to using a double stroller when I only had one child on a trip - she called it her ‘carriage’ and it was awesome to hold everything she didn’t want to as well as herself. I, too, have kiddos who were always in the 3rd-5th% on the growth charts and there were several times all three would be in one double stroller (easily).

2 Likes

You’re safe with me.
I take a single stroller to our local amusement park every week and no one rides in it. It’s for our gear! It holds Mama’s coffee.

2 Likes

I feel so seen! :rofl:

3 Likes

I am a fan of strollers if you need a diaper bag. After that, cargo pockets for the win!

Another vote for CitiMini double from Kingdom strollers. We just did our first stroller-less trip. Our kids were fine. Their legs held up just fine and they happily walked/stood all day without complaint and did a great job of staying with the group. But all three adults really missed the stroller :slight_smile: Cup holders, storage bin, contained space for kids in the crowds, my love for the stroller goes on and on.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes