What happens when you do everything wrong?(Click here to find out.)

If that was the case, they should have offered the SUV service at the originally quoted price for the town car. They did not. He literally told me that they should have a list of alternative licensed services at the airport and hung up😤

11 Likes

That is absolutely unacceptable for them to cancel on you, but then say “unless you pay us more”. A reputable company would have still picked you up in whatever vehicle they had available and eaten the cost since it was their screw up. I’m sorry that happened, but glad that Mears was able to step in and pick up the pieces.

9 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly

3 Likes

OK…looked at @sanstitre_has_left_the_building 's Epcot pics…Namaste…We’re back on track:)

4 Likes

What in the what?!?!

Ok
I’m mad for you.

I’ll go look at the Epcot pictures too.

5 Likes

Unacceptable! If you’re on social media (especially Twitter) you should post what they did to you. It might help someone else and will put them on blast. Glad things are back on track, though.

8 Likes

Ok…mears scheduled, grocery pick up switched to delivery. Hopefully we’ll be on our way @ 7 in the morning🙏!

10 Likes

(FYI Universe: I didn’t mean for you to take the title of this trip report literally.)

6 Likes

At least you’ve gotten what could have been a huge hiccup out of the way before you even leave home.

5 Likes

Well QuickSilver is off my list. That is unacceptable business practice, and they should have sent whatever vehicle they had for no price difference.

Glad Mears came through!

7 Likes

I think he is finalizing schedules the day before.

I am wondering if they couldn’t handle Stanford but now I won’t be shocked if something happens.

I cannot thank you enough for your posts about the cancellation. I just booked a rental.

5 Likes

I really don’t like bringing negativity to the forum, but to have the air sucked out of you like that 12 hours before your flight is just awful. I had this ( granted probably over-dramatic) vision of being stranded at the airport with my 3 kids 1 hour away from our hotel:(

8 Likes

…also, I apologize if I should have blurred the word “p*ssed” above. I was very angry.

Even though it was negative, I’m sure plenty of people on here are looking for car service from the airport(s) since Disney no longer offers ME. Quicksilver WAS on the short list for me, just crossed it off. I’m sure others are grateful for the report. That was horrible what they did. If they let you make a reservation and suddenly didn’t have any options, that’s one thing. But they HAD an option. And should have stuck with what they quoted you and given you the upgrade for free. I hope your trip is wonderful!
P.S. We are all ANGRY for you so feel free to let us shoulder that so you can let it go and embrace the magic to come!

11 Likes

Yes. As made clear in one well known Seinfeld episode the important part of the reservation is keeping the reservation. Anyone can take a reservation. But it’s the keeping the reservation that’s the important part.

19 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thank you! You just made my husband lol which temporarily distracted him from wanting to drive to Florida overnight and have words with a certain someone.

5 Likes

We’re on our way✈️!

27 Likes

Yay! Safe travels, have fun!

2 Likes