What happens if a ride breaks while in line?

But, but…look how HAPPY it made @Randall1028!

(Hate to break it to him, though, because when he taps in with his anytime FP, the ride will break down and he’ll lose out.)

:wink:

1 Like

Yeah. I know. But for that brief moment before I tap into Space Mountain (when EVERYONE else in the park has a fast pass for the same time)… it’s glorious.

Such is my lot in life.

Before they shut it down for a couple of years part of the Marathon course was on the race track. Lots of runners hated that but I loved it because they would line up all kinds of race cars that we would run by – took me back to when I was a little girl and my dad would take me to NASCAR and Formula One races.

1 Like

That’s what doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Anyway, back to what you were asking about @Flutegarden (sorry I got us off track down memory lane on the racetrack!) I think the bottom line is that if the ride breaks down while you are in line or on it – not a short break in service or the kind of slowdown they do to load passengers who need extra time or help, but an actual breakdown where the ride is closed – you should at least ask for a compensation FPP. If you voluntarily leave the line you won’t have that option, but if you are directed off the ride by a CM it cannot hurt to ask.

That was what happened to us on 7DMT! We got an anytime 5 minutes before our window opened, I only realised because I checked the time of the FP on MDE and it was gone. Used the anytime 10 mins into our window and it broke down as we got to the front of the queue. The paper ones we were given were valid to the end of the month though and we used them without incident the following week.

I know.

Only incident we had was Dumbo FP (yeah kid wanted to ride it :roll_eyes:). It broke down while we at the front of line, CM said it would be down for “extended period” so we planned to leave the line, it was too hot. He directed us to the play area and we hung out there till it started again.

Exactly!!

1 Like

Here was my experience at Winnie the Pooh last month:

I had a FP scheduled for WtP 9:05. I was in line for 7DMT just after RD when WtP went down and my FP converted to an anytime FP. As I was exiting 7DMT, I noticed that WtP was back up, so I hopped into the standby line. The line was very short and I quickly walked through the queue, stopping just past the second FP checkpoint.

Within 2 minutes, the ride had stopped again. It soon became clear that it wasn’t going to get started anytime soon (multiple CMs were walking into the ride with toolbelts and such). Meanwhile, the line had been continuing to build behind me. I started to think about ditching, when the CMs announced that the ride was down for an indefinite length of time. From what I could tell, everyone in line before the 2nd FP checkpoint was herded out without being offered anything. The rest of us who were past the 2nd FP checkpoint had our MBs scanned and we were given anytime FPs. (I did notice a dad and daughter in line ahead of me who got nothing, but I think that’s because they didn’t have MBs or tickets . . . not sure how that happens, :thinking:)

Anyway, that’s the story of how I managed to be holding 2 pre-booked FPs and 2 anytime FPs before 9:45 in the morning!

3 Likes

My sense is that Disney likes to delight its customers and does not like to make them sad.

I’m pretty sure if you ask at guest services they would do you right. I would certainly ask if I’d lost an FPP or if I’d been waiting a while.

mousematt, Good thought…hopefully not wishful thinking.

This week, BTMR closed while we were in line, near the train. Everyone was getting a multiple experience fast pass when exiting. We had used a fast pass to enter, but everyone was getting them, so I can imagine even those that hadn’t entered with one got a fast pass.

1 Like

This is what has always happened to me but I wonder if it is at the discretion of the CMs.

This is such a good question. I’ve never done a park with FP before, and after all the work of figuring out the system, it’s nice to know what to expect.

1 Like

It always felt to me like they were trying to mimic the mile+ of classic cars that are always out just before the Honda Center during the Disneyland Half - and it never felt as cool in FL.

1 Like