What Do You Like to See in a Trip Report?

This sounds hilarious!!! not the negative comments but preserving and reusing a cup; brilliant!

1 Like

6 Likes

Lol I had such a crush on him when I was a kid!

1 Like

Who Minkus?! Ha jk

2 Likes

What I was talking about was on this forum, and it was not an official post from TP or a moderator. It was someone discussing that things like “leading reservations” are perceived as acceptable, while something like “reusing a cup” is not perceived as acceptable.

I tried to search for this but couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Yeah I remember that one too. It is very interesting what Liners consider hacks vs cheating/stealing/etc.

3 Likes

Exactly!!!

2 Likes

Yes I remember it too.

2 Likes

Ha! Chat and the forum are not the same!

If you are talking chat, that could happen weekly :grinning: There are many liners on chat that will never log into “that forum”. I think there are many liners on the forum that also don’t go to chat. I am sure the chat liners don’t want to be responsible for anything said/done here.

I know for a fact I never want to be responsible for what is on chat (just my personal opinion).

@Flavita, I think you are looking for a thread here where someone was upset about us repeating Backside of Magic strategies.

5 Likes

@jheller. If your post is about chat, this thread’s main focus is regarding the Trip Report section of the forum (although I suggested the LaCava section too).

This one?

1 Like

:rofl::clinking_glasses::sunglasses::raising_hand_man::tropical_drink:

4 Likes

Whew! This led me on a whole rabbit trail of forum fun this morning. Not only did I get to see the heart chart and learn that Z1 is NOT a keyboard shortcut, but I also got to read up on you somehow being tied to @ryan1’s yang? Wow. This morning has been quite an adventure

10 Likes

I just want to reiterate that while I use the Forum, DH likes to use the Chat. Please don’t hold me responsible for any posts on Chat! :laughing:

9 Likes

It’s interesting that there is this separation. I know there are a few of you here who crossover. I personally only head over anymore when I need a stat response or something that has been asked here that folks can’t seem to find the answer to (super rare, but happens).

I was an early adopter of the forum and I almost never looked back once I came over. I find it easier to follow and for conversations to really develop (like the what’s a snack discussion). And I think it’s a bit easier, by extension, for friendships to form. Can’t say that doesn’t happen in chat because some of my oldest (yes I said it @BGK - you’re older than me!! HAHA!) friends from TP were found in chat. But I think this place (forum) just lends itself more naturally to friendship formation.

9 Likes

I’m in the never use chat group. I honestly didn’t even know it existed, but likely wouldn’t in the parks anyway since I try to experience the parks with the occasional Insta posts.

2 Likes

I agree when I started 2 years ago on TP I used the chat but once I found the forum I barely looked back. The forum allows for more stories and expanded answers. I felt chat was short responses and everyone starting the same thread about ROTR BG. Ha.

5 Likes

There are definitely some life-long friendships that have been formed through chat. I think I continue to go to chat because of what was.

I also think that some of those life-long friends came to the forum in the beginning as well, and expanded that group as connections grew and changed.

I too have been here every day- through the drama of the beginning and after. I have also been on chat every day before/after.

I hope a major difference is that here people generally do not purposely try to put each other down for fun? Just my opinion.

7 Likes

What is “ethical” at any given time is entirely situational. If it benefits “Liners,” puts one over on the normies, and doesn’t explicitly violate any law, then it’s “ethical.”

6 Likes

Are these non-liners?

2 Likes