What Do You Like to See in a Trip Report?

I am grateful for technology that we can trip report in real time. Remember back in the day when we had to write it all down and share when we got home. :laughing:

I used this pic for a TR once is the only reason that section is circled. Cracks me up how Stitch’s Great Escape was the most important ride back then. :eyes::smile:

13 Likes

hahah reminds me of a “trip report” (as short as it was)I found that my mom wrote when she went her first time.

4 Likes

So when’s the “what DON’T you want to see in a Trip Report” thread coming? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Aw… I want more lurkers to come out.

4 Likes

It did not suck and you need to stay out of lurkerville.

8 Likes

If you have privacy concerns, the LaCava section of the forum offers some (limited) protection. People need to be logged into the forum (even with a free account) to see LaCava. Your reports will then not come up in a Google search on the topic, and will not be included in the weekly non-active forum user update email.

This is a public forum. Many people read posts but never join the conversations.

At least two members of this forum have had other members impact their personal life. I post this not to scare anyone. The cases I am aware of have been been annoying but not dangerous. Although the intent could have been more serious.

The consequence of posting in LaCava is that many users sort by categories and not latest and topics are often missed by many users!

8 Likes

This is why I changed my default to “Latest” so that whatever was posted most recently, regardless of category, will show up for me.

Of course this means I sometimes forget to check if a post is UOR or DLR related and answer from a WDW perspective, but I’m getting better at catching myself lately LOL

9 Likes

Took me a while to figure this out. Before I was switching between categories. Most content here is WDW related anyways so viewing Latest is not a big deal. And I like seeing UOR, DLR, etc sometimes just to keep up with what’s going on.

5 Likes

This is why you are so good at it

1 Like

3 Likes

You have ridiculously nice handwriting.

5 Likes

Ahem.

The record should reflect that the two moderators do a bang-up job at dealing with such problems.

13 Likes

:smiley:

I tried to find an animated gif that said “suck it up guy who can jump on a high speed chunnel and be eating brioche churros* in Disneyland Paris by lunch time” but my Google Fu failed me.

*i do not know if brioche churros exist but I would like to find out.

8 Likes

This. We saved up for several years to have a great vacation, both by choice and by necessity. If someone gets mad because of how we spend our time/money, I’d be devastated if it affects our work.

1 Like

A little bit of deprevating humor, critical reactions and honestly if youre having a sucky time and are fantasizing about dumbo just flying away with your MIL never to return, say so. People are having a great time but its not all perfect and doest need to be. I used to enjoy in the moment stream of consciousness reporting in real time msuing about my observations and true to life reactions…people in line talking about how they skipped grandma funeral to be at DW, womem full face screaming at their children, grown azz men having emotional breakdowns in public, people vaping in my face, and it all seemed amusing to most people here until… “THE CUP INCIDENT”.

i scandalized nearly everyone on this forum by re-using a single $6.99 fountain drink cup over several days at Electric Umbrella and reported on its condition frequently, ensuring it was properly dried and cared for to hold up several days of recurrent use. Best $6.99 ever spent at DW until sadly the inner plastic film started to degrade. There were no posted signs or policies against this.

I was sitting by Sunny Eclipse reading the crappy comments made by judgemental self-important types, watching the forum hysteria unfold upon me, accused of being a “drink thief”, patted my trusty cup at the bottom of my bag and simply logged off, almost never to be heard from again for years after deciding…well…it just had to last until tomorrow for my next trip to Epcot.

6 Likes

Really? That happened here? In this forum? The forum where you can find one of the most popular threads this year is about booking a leading reservation to get an advantage on dining?

I just checked. You created three topic and have posted 8 replies in this forum. None of them have been a trip report, and none as described. I expect you have this forum confused with another. Unless you have another user name we don’t know?

4 Likes

Scary. I wonder if this could be elaborated a little more.

3 Likes

I remember reading a reference to this (or maybe something similar) on a thread about what is ethical or not among liners

There are a lot of threads on different hacks. Most of them are not applicable post COVID. Those discussions have never been off limits here. At times, some people might disagree, others might use them, and others might never use them but will help others to learn them.

Regardless, every liner can click on my Avatar and see every topic and post I even had on this forum. (wow that would be boring)

5 Likes

It was in chat, not forum and I 100% remember it.

4 Likes