There have been so many great trip reports lately, it made me wonder … what do you like to see in a trip report, and what tips do you have for those writing one?
Here are a few I thought of:
- Include lots of photos, especially photos of your family if you are comfortable doing so
- Personalize with stories, humor, or other glimpses of your personality
- If you must write a block of text, break it up with bullet points, paragraph breaks (a full line in between), bold text, headers, etc.
- Start off with something engaging - especially photos or a quick story to draw people in
- Several shorter posts are better than one long one
- Engage on the forum beforehand - people like to read about friends more than strangers
- If you have a cute kid, post pics of them and you can ignore all the other tips