What do you do on Departure Day?

:joy::joy::joy:

What about the pre-check? (I edited it very quickly, but you may not have seen it).

I applied for Global Entry, which comes with Pre-Check. Takes a long time to get processed.

I was at WL and did early morning FP to see Mickey and Tinkerbell. I was back at the resort by 10 am.

We drive. Our last trip had us staying at a hotel near MCO so that our last day at the resort had us in the parks all day, and then we slept in at the hotel and drove home. Makes for a good travel home day.

The year before had us adding a room-only day at the end so we could sleep in and then leave.

Derailing thread for Darkside question. There’s a UOR After Hours equivalent?

This?

Interesting. I have been ignoring emails about passholder benefits from UOR because it’s not on our itinerary this trip. Mostly due to how early the parks close. If there was a late night event we would consider hopping over one evening. But it looks like the special passholder events were in September. Curious what @sanstitre_has_left_the_building has found.

This: Orlando Informer Meetup

This looks great!! Next time we venture to the Darkside I will try to line up the dates with one of these events. Have you been before?

No, but it gets great reviews on the Facebook forums I follow. Pretty excited about it.

Very cool. Have fun and report back.

Since this is the last day of a long-ish stay you should be able to get FPPs for your favorite MK attractions. Since you already mentioned that rides are not a priority for you during MVMCP, you will probably get 50% more total MK favorite attractions on this trip (assuming you get average 3 per night on your party days) increasing total cost 1 to 2% ($60 for Ubers would be a 2% cost increase on a $3k trip), sounds like an awesome deal!

Nice leisurely breakfast at hotel, no rush, and we’re out by 1 pm.

I drive to the parks because I live about 8 hours away. Last time, we just loaded up our van and left. I had planned on doing that this time, but we are staying in Wilderness Lodge, so I looked up the restaurant there and was able to snag us a reservation before we left. Then, we will check out and head on home.

1 Like

Last year we were driving to Boca for a work conference when we left Disney. We had a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I had some FPs for MK if we wanted to go, but everyone was ready to hit the road. This year we are flying. I booked a late-ish flight home (7pm), so we will get up and head over to AKL to check out the Christmas decorations and have breakfast at Boma, then we will go to AK for our FPs and then to just wander and take in the beauty of it all.

We’ve got a breakfast reservation at Boma before we depart, but that’s it for us.

Weep-

Not sure where you are staying but consider doing something different at MK.

1. Pack the night before; drop off your bags at bell services on your way out.
  2. Since you are on the monorail loop for chow; pop into the MK grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the Christmas vibe and get some great non-rushed pictures.
  3. Grab a FP for Jingle Cruise and Mickey on the Square.
  4. Then head over to the GF.

BING BING BING BING - YOU WIN! That’s exactly what we do if we have an early flight - but I also love a good, long character breakfast like 1900 PF

For my next trip I debated doing an evening departure - we live on the west coast so it’s a long flight (~5 hours) but you arrive just a couple hours after you leave due to time difference.

But with four kids, I decided it wouldn’t be worth it to be on a plane with exhausted children, so I opted for an early afternoon flight. We’ll have time to wake up at a leisurely pace, have breakfast at the hotel, check out, and head to the airport. Hopefully the kids will be in a good enough mood that the flight won’t be too stressful.

1 Like

We are on a late flight this year so we’re doing a bit of MK including the parade package. We may end up cancelling all of that (24 hours in advance) and doing HK instead. We shall see. I’m also not wholly opposed to cancelling all plans and chilling at the resort and DS.