What do you do on Departure Day?

$10 for uber to GF and, what, $50 to MCO? $60 to NOT sit at the airport for 2 extra hours and get a private ride instead of the bus with the peasants. Seems worth it to me.

I’m assuming with the international flight you can’t just check your bags at Pop and let them go on DME, or is that an option?

2 Likes

Virgin bag drop off is at Disney Springs.

What about the rest of the passengers? :rofl:

9 Likes

How old are you, 12?! :joy:

4 Likes

I like your plan. ESP if you have no day time MK??? How did that happen? Not a priority this trip?

1 Like

That’s a good plan. We usually go to Springs on our last day because we don’t get a park ticket for departing day. With multiple trips on the horizon, we’re coming back into a season of annual pass though, so maybe our next trip will include a visit to a park on departing day. I don’t know why, but doing so makes me nervous on time and then I rush. If I’m not going to enjoy myself because I’m looking at the clock, I may as well leisurely hang around Springs. I’m conflicted, clearly.

The day of check out was our one relaxing day in a week of park visiting last May. We had an after 7pm flight to CA so after checking our bags at POR airport check in (What are great convenience!), we relaxed and took in the final pleasures of POR beautiful landscape. We then rode the boat over to DS and had a delightful lunch at Paddlefish. We relaxed so much that we didn’t allow enough time to travel back to POR (forgot they bypass POR and stop at FQ first.), and thus we missed our ME to MCO.
Heads up! ME doesn’t wait for you…we were 3-4 minutes late and the valet said ME had left early! No biggie…we put out $28 for an Uber to take us directly to the MCO Mall.

3 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan.

I depart

1 Like

I’m doing MVMCP twice, so I will be getting MK time, just not during daylight. It’s a six night trip and I have other agenda items, like SWGE and UOR’s After Hours equivalent.

I totally get that. I’ve always hated departure day of any vacation because you’re constantly thinking about making the transportation deadline an you’re constantly aware of the clock ticking.

2 Likes

Makes sense—. It good opportunity to have some time during the day.

Weep silently

The silent weeping is a mistake, I think - next time try noisy weeping. Wailing, gnashing of teeth - see if you can get any freebies from cast members trying to hush you.

6 Likes

Go to Disney Springs and use up the rest of my snack credits and gift cards

1 Like

OMG! How have I never thought of that before?!

1 Like

EMM at MK to get a few more rides in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Having seen your new plan, I would be panicking at not leaving for the airport until the back of 3, even for a 6pm flight. (I gleaned 6pm from your statement that DME is picking up 4 hrs before - I haven’t seen that anywhere this year).

MCO isn’t too bad for checking in / dropping bags, but getting through security can be a nightmare. Potentially you could have 2 hours to do all that.

However I can still make my main point, old or new plan. I would be getting up early regardless. You have plenty of time for sleep on the plane. Have your stuff packed before the party, the penultimate night even. Then you have more time to play.

I would still skip the parade though.

1 Like

Well, I’m relying on two things in my favour. First, I’m travelling business class so I get to use the priority lane. Second, I have TSA Pre-Check, which gives me another expedited option.

Er, Maleficent. Hello?!

1 Like

Wait!

I thought you were flying with the peasants this time?

And we can get pre-check? I thought that needed a face to face interview to get it?

No, that misery begins next year :weary: