What could possibly go wrong? A cautiously hopeful trip report

Well, if any of our trips in the last year and a half are used as examples, a LOT can go wrong lol. Dh and I are facing down our bad trip ptsd (Covid, hospitalized family, and my own stay at Celebration hospital with food poisoning) and trying for a happy ending to the year and our APs. On the road now, staying at Pop, just gonna stay as many days as fate lets us lol. Stay tuned!

26 Likes

Good luck :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::laughing::laughing::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

4 Likes

Good luck to you!!

3 Likes

It’s got nowhere to go but up right?

4 Likes

So far so good. :crossed_fingers:No park today, but we went to DS to collect more 100 celebration medallions and get Gideons for the kids. That is one weird little shop, but at least the wait was under 1/2 an hour. Magic Kingdom tomorrow!

14 Likes

18 Likes

You made it!! :tada:

3 Likes

Wooohooo!

4 Likes

Had a great day at MK! We rope dropped 7DMT but it was down. We headed to TL and easily walked on to Buzz, People Mover and COP. I was on a mission to finish the 50th statues challenge so we were meandering a bit. The crowds were so light it made things much easier. You know it’s not crowded when you keep running into the same people throughout the park lol. For us it was cute family from the bus, girl who got photo pass pic, loud group from lunch and guy who hit me with his stroller and didn’t say sorry.

Empty!

People being moved

The COP family has a new wardrobe
We did Aladdin, Tiki Birds, Pirates and HM before a lunch break at Pinocchio’s place. I also tried LeFeu’s brew!

14 Likes

We are also on a mission to get all the 100 years medallions. One set was quite an adventure to get. The machine was at Ft Wilderness so when we left MK we took a ferry boat. I had no idea that the Bay lake/ 7 seas lagoon was so huge!

So the machine was in the center of the really, really big resort. A long walk and bus ride from the boat launch. It was nice to experience the resort, though. I think to enjoy it best you must 1) Like the sound of banjos and the smell of manure, 2) Not be colorblind as maps are very color dependent (orange, purple, green, chartreuse) and 3) Not be averse to panhandling turkeys. Don’t give them cash, they just spend it on booze.

16 Likes

Looks like a great start!

2 Likes

Would they just spend it on… Wild Turkey?

14 Likes

IMG_1805

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

So far so good!

The window in the post with Gideons - is that your room???

4 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

Lovely job decorating! I love it!

2 Likes

I’m sure fate will be kind to you this time. You deserve it! Have a great trip. Hope to see you around!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Ok, I had to wait until I could report good news and I finally can. We did have another trip shortened by a family emergency. On Wednesday morning, after a great start in HS, I got a phone call from my oldest brother saying his daughter, my sweet niece, had had a severe asthma attack and went into cardiac arrest before help could arrive. They did manage to bring her back on the way to the hospital. She was in icu on a ventilator with no knowledge yet of possible brain damage.
Now I’ll be honest here, my initial reaction was not pretty. Dh asked what I wanted to do and I said, “I want to have a beep beep vacation that isn’t interrupted by a beep beep moral decision!” We decided to stay the rest of the day, hit AK on Thursday and drive home after that. We went into the Frozen show, our favorite, and were really enjoying watching the little girls go crazy when all of a sudden I just lost it. Crying like a baby. I looked at Dh and he had his glasses off and was rubbing his eyes. Needless to say we left HS, packed up and were home by 7 that evening. I’ve spent the week holding my niece’s hand and using my Aunt Julie means business voice to “encourage” her to recover and come back to us. Well, today she did! She is off the vent, breathing room air and after a few physical therapy sessions is sitting in a chair and feeding herself. I feel like I can finally breathe.
I know you guys aren’t the judgy type so I feel fine sharing my initial selfishness. And believe me, I’ve been judging myself nonstop since our return. I will share our great morning at HS in a bit, but will say that all the wonderful trip reports happening now have kept me sane the past week. I hated missing out on seeing any of you but the fates had other plans for Aunt Julie.

13 Likes