What could go wrong? ( a mini trip report)

My older daughter has been campaigning for a while to take a trip to WDW to celebrate her 21st birthday so she can “drink at Disney.” Well she turned 21 in February and I had some DVC points that still had to be used by July 31, so here we are sneaking in a quick two day trip. What could go wrong?

I’m vying for a promotion at work. The interview is scheduled for Monday. I would not have booked a trip the weekend prior had I known. :woman_facepalming:t2:

We fly standby and didn’t make it onto our first flight choice. So instead of a full day at HS yesterday, we rolled into the park at almost 5:00. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway broke down and ate up a lot of our ride time as we waited to be evacuated. They gave us one fast pass but we could have done two more rides if this hadn’t happened. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Today is Epcot and masks are no longer required outdoors. Like many I’m struggling to process but since I will be two weeks out from dose 2 tomorrow (and previously had Covid), and DD21 is fully vaxxed, I’m not concerned. Wish us luck!

30 Likes

What can you do in three hours? Well we did …

1. RnRC - 40 minute wait (DD21 must do)
  2. TSMM - 20 minute wait
  3. Brisket sandwich, raspberry tart and grownup lemonade at Woody’s Lunchbox. Everything = :yum:
  4. MMRR - 20 minute wait followed by over 20 minutes waiting to be evacuated.
  5. FP for ST
  6. Chicken salad and a green alcoholic drink (?) at DB7.

Did not finish in time to jump in line at MFSR or SDD as planned.

18 Likes

Oh! Cupcake from Artist’s Palette at SSR is so good! Except for the cookie dough filling which I ate around. But best cupcake I’ve tried so far. The frosting was delish and I’m not usually a frosting person.

5 Likes

Have a great trip! You look very coordinated today. I’m going to have to step up my Disney clothes/accessories before we go!

4 Likes

Yeah!!! What could go wrong??? It all looks amazing to me!

2 Likes

Whirlwind, coming right up!

Enjoy every second!

And good luck on your interview come Monday. That Disney magic will follow you home (a ghost may too, if you ride HM so do be aware), and you’ll nail it!

10 Likes

That was actually yesterday’s outfit. I just didn’t have any energy to post anything until this morning. :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m hoping this trip will keep me from obsessing over the interview and getting too nervous!

3 Likes

You’ve already got the job. The interview is but a formality.

(this is my mantra heading into these kinds of things)

10 Likes

First Epcot bus picked up at 9:33! Of course several stops at SSR so not sure how long this will take.

16 Likes

Disney before a big interview is perfect to take the stress off so you can go in fresh. I’m sure you will nail it! Also, I love your Star Wars ears!

2 Likes

I love your daughter’s mask! I might need that. Where?

1 Like

Ooh. I also love the Pooh mask. Where did you get it please?

2 Likes

haha. we are chasing each other on these threads today.

2 Likes

Amazon basics. I think it was a four pack. Super comfortable.

3 Likes

Also Amazon. :joy:

1 Like

Wait! Masks are going away LOL I don’t need MORE masks!

I do need mask lanyards, though. For to keep super handy taking off/putting on when outside/inside

9 Likes

Have a fabulous time! I love your ears.

2 Likes

Just in case …

Limited-time deal: Amazon Essentials Disney Star Wars Marvel Frozen Washable Face Masks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DDZB3JL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PK62QPGFBRZT3DCQS3G5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

We were just saying we wished we had mask lanyards!

5 Likes

I interviewed for a job from my WDW resort once. Got the job too! I celebrated w/ my family at Cindy’s Castle :wink: over lunch.

11 Likes