What are your favorite meals in Disney World?

I am looking for both which restaurant you like and what foods you ordered that were great. Also, any suggestions for restaurants that are especially helpful for food allergies?

Our current plan for meals includes - Boma dinner, TH brunch, 50’s dinner, Sci Fi lunch, Restaurant Marrakkesh dinner, Coral Reef lunch, Chefs de France dinner, Hoop Dee Doo dinner, Columbia Harbor House, Tangerine, BOG lunch, H&V breakfast Pepper Market (breakfast and dinner) and Crystal Palace dinner.

Thanks!

2 Likes

For BOG lunch we took the two soup that are offer, onion soup and the leek and potato soup and both were delicious. I don’t like onion soup usually but that one was very good! Also, I’ve been craving the potato leek soup!

I love Kona for breakfast. They’re Tonga toast is just amazing, and if you are a coffee fanatic take the french press pot of 100% Kona been coffee! It is just amazing and a must do for us each trip. My wife love the Macadamia-Pineapple Pancakes and last time she tried the big kahuna that has a bit of everything.

Boma was a very good meal - especially the soups and salads. I was hoping for a bit more flavor from the entrees, but I guess they have to tone it down for “general consumption”. Although it gets its share of negative comments on Lines, I’ve never had a bad experience at Coral Reef. 50s is a lot of fun. Even by “Southern” standards, the fried chicken is excellent. CHH is the only QS in MK that I actually “like” vs, “tolerate”. Tangerine is on my short list of EP QS favorites.

1 Like

Not counting V&A (really a category all by itself), the single best meal I’ve had at WDW was at CG. I started with a Dragon Roll (possibly the best sushi I’ve ever had, including what I had while living in Japan), then had the fillet, and finished with the chef’s nightly special dessert - a butterscoth bread pudding (which completely reset the bar on bread pudding). Add a few glasses of excellent wine and an after dinner drink (while watching Wishes), and it was a perfect night…

2 Likes

@Princess_K, my family always likes Liberty Tree Tavern. It’s like having Thanksgiving with out having to cook and clean up the mess. Served family style, we always leave full.

1 Like

Agree @Jntt4 love turkey and trimmings at LTT. Got great tip on chat to ask for cranberry sauce, which is delicious!

Our kids’ absolute favorite is Chef Mickey’s. The character interaction is great and the food is better than the standard buffet. DH and I just discovered the Yatchsman’s Steakhouse on our last trip and it’s now a must do for us. It may have been the best steak I’ve ever had. …

I love me some Cape May! Can’t go wrong with a buffet filled with seafood!

Our favorite meals were Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch (pot roast and ooey gooey toffee cake!) and Boma. Yum. Now I’m hungry.

Cranberry sauce?! Great! Can’t wait to try it. Thanks @Tinkswdwbest for passing on the tip.

Always love GG for the characters and the food. Seems a bit more laid back than other character meals for us.

The restaurants that we’ve tried on your list are…

Sci Fi - Loved! The atmosphere was so much fun. I would suggest sticking with the basics though. The ribs were horrible but everything else was good. We have this booked again for our upcoming trip.

Hoop Dee Doo - Loved! We have this booked on my DD’s 7th birthday. So excited! They did offer to bring out other dishes although I don’t recall what we had (maybe pasta?) because DD wasn’t eating very much. We thought that was very nice and accommodating.

Columbia Harbor House - This is our favorite QS restaurant. But my kids love any fried shrimp.

Our favorite meal (not on your list) is Narcoossee’s. Everything from the service to the food was incredible. I ordered the lobster and my DH ordered the surf and turf. Oldest DS had the seafood pasta which had shrimp and lobster in it at the time (pretty sure that has changed on the current menu). But the real star of Narcoossee’s is the almond crusted cheesecake. Simply amazing!!!

I think the food I look forward to the most at WDW is bread pudding. Whether it be at RR, Ohana, CMs, or CP.

Ohana, Boma, TH are all favs for us.

My favorite meal was BoG dinner, had the pork & grey stuff. I also love flame tree BBQ shared the ribs & chicken combo!!

Cheeseburger, fries, diet cherry coke and a No Way Jose from Beaches & Cream is a favorite. Also, everything at Boma.

I love the Chicken pot pie at 50’s with a glowing drink - Grandma’s picnic punch is my fave. The burger I had at sci-fi was the best I have ever had - and the milkshake was great too - we went for lunch so I got a regular shake but I hear the adult shakes are great also. Loved pre-RD TH breakfast - we are trying brunch this Oct. Also loved CHH - I like being able to get fried shrimp with steamed broccoli - made me feel slightly less guilty. You have a great list of ADR’s.

50’s is a must for us. We usually go twice. Dh and Dd always get the fried chicken and I love the lettuce wedge with blue cheese and bacon. I swear its the best at 50’s, I really think its the lettuce. Must be organic or something because Ive had it in other restaurants and nothing touches 50’s version.

The Wave was great for breakfast. Dh liked having the option of a menu or a buffet.

We did not care for TH. We went for a late breakfast/early lunch. The transition between breakfast and lunch took forever. It was like they were waiting for ALL the breakfest items to be eaten before they brought out the lunch options. So it was a huge hodge podge that made no sense. It was my birthday. They brought out the cup cake and they were going to sing but I was in the buffet line. They just left the cup cake and never came back. I didnt expect a lot but thought that was odd.

All ways like LT for lunch and the Banana bread french toast at WC is to die for. Enjoyed Y&Y also.

This thread is making me so hungry.

2 Likes

@Princess_K I feel like we have had this discussion. You have two table service meals in the same park on the same day? I know everyone does it their own way, but I think you would be just fine with one TS in a park on any given day.

How many days are you going for in total? Assume you are staying at CSR?

My new favorite is Tangerine Cafe, we order calamari - ONLY the calamari at Spice Road for the view and the clam soup which is a broth vs cream base at Captain’s Grille along with the seared tuna (the seared tuna is also available at Hurricane Hannas)