What are your favorite DISNEY news sources?

I’m not saying that to you per say, more to the fact I don’t want bloggers.

But that means…rumor.

Talk of a replacement officially from Disney = )

Like the post about DL taking away the AP’s. Someone lamented that they will be gone forever, when actual verbage in the offical letter said that they are taking this time to look at overhauling the system. Rumor yes. But from the horses mouth directly from someone close to the situation.

@Nicky_S said that

And that’s pretty much where I’m looking to draw my line.

Other sources are great, but I want news or as close to.

Also, I’d do the job IN A HEARTBEAT if I didn’t have such a demanding family. The perks alone, provided they eventually make nice with Disney, would be worth it to me.

This would have been my dream job 20 years ago. I would have saved myself a ton of heartbreak and many, many lost years trying to figure out what the hell to do with myself.

Awe! Then you guys would be talking crap about me right now! <3 It all comes full circle lol

1 Like

Has no one mentioned AllEars? What’s your take on them?

1 Like

Sorry. Should have included the winky ( :wink: )to make it clear I was just trying to be funny.

Used to love them. They seem more click-baity these days. I don’t know if they are trying to be like DFB or what.

1 Like

The guy doing most of the news? He seems like he legit hates his job :rofl:

1 Like

Yes! :rofl::rofl: BUT, I do think that makes his reviews more believable. I appreciate his honesty at times. But also I really dislike that in live streams he openly complains about people around him doing simply what people do. I guess I get it to an extent, but I’ve had to turn it off a few times just because I didn’t want to hear it. The livestreams were very helpful to me in coming up with my successful touring plans in December though so I guess it’s just something to tolerate.

As for the clickbait, I guess I can see that too but I always come at these sources thinking that until it is officially announced by Disney, it’s all rumors and just something fun to think about.

I honestly have been wondering recently if they ARE the same. They use a lot of the same pictures. Even when DFB reported that they got BG 1 for ROTR at 7am, later I saw the same picture showing BG 1 on the phone when All Ears was describing how to get a BG. The only difference was one had DFB water mark and the other had All Ears watermark. I noticed other photos and also other reviews/experiences being exactly the same. Like if Molly went to Mama Melrose and ordered specific items, the next week, DFB would do a review on Mama Melrose on the exact same menu items. Things that make me go hmmmm

That being said, my kids LOVE Molly, and we saw her at the Grand Floridian and they went nuts/star struck

2 Likes

I think All Ears was taken over when Deb Willis retired. I notice their programmer also runs the disneygeek site. But it’s possible they are connected to DFB I guess, certainly DFB reference them all the time!

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve noticed that too. I heard a rumour that DFB bought them, but who really knows. Back to the comments above about some of the others spreading rumours without any idea. My kids love Molly.

I honestly love the TP videos the most. I understand why they don’t do them as much, but I love the ones where they tested out different touring plans or starting points in the parks. Great research for my planning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have an app “Theme Park News Disney Edition” I also have a DVC point planning app by the same developer, but it does not seem like he is still offering this app

I also have the wdwnt app on my phone, with alerts enabled.

I first started with AllEars and MouseSavers. I would prefer “clickbait” to bad info- any day😀

2 Likes

Sounds like they are trying to attract a young grad with a love for Disney, who would be excited to get in the parks for free and attend events for free and maybe still lives at home with their parents and trying to get their feet wet with journalism. I agree that the payscale is not going to attract too many others.

1 Like

Minimum wage in FL is $8.65?

1 Like

yep… FL is a right to work state… you have a right to work and you get what you get and don’t throw a fit… or leave it.

1 Like

heh therein lies the rub: with their Press credentials currently suspended, they ain’t gettin’ in for free. :laughing:

And I agree that’s exactly who they’re hoping to get. Someone who’s fresh outta school and living local and/or with parents. But like @ISUamanda said, this isn’t going to bring in the “fresh change” they might be looking for. It’s just going to go to someone who will put in minimal effort.

Cause anyone who really wants to (or can) rebuild their brand rep is likely going to pass because there’s just not enough money there. It’d need to be a labor of love at that price point

2 Likes

2 Likes

(also, Start your own! Don’t latch onto something that is going to mistreat you simply cause they’re already established.)

3 Likes