What are your favorite DISNEY news sources?

I love everyone on here specifically because we all have very, very different preferences/ideas and I feel I walk away knowing more than I came in with.

That being said…my anxiety can’t handle it sometimes either.

So where do the “experts” go to get their Disney news before reposting here? I’ve seen a lot of the Food Blog lately. Any other suggestions?

The few I tried were over run with social messaging and or adverts/popups that took up most of the page with just a few lines of “news” in the middle.

I would love a site I could open every morning that would tell me things like announcements of private parties or fundamental changes in any of the parks minus all of the opinionated BS on top of it. Just the facts as they used to say. Then I can make my own decision with all of the information given before being influenced one way or the other by my favorite posters here.

I deleted all social media years ago so Facebook groups or influencers are not what I’m looking for. This is as “social” as I can get, and like I said, my anxiety often gets the best of me, even here.

Suggestions?

3 Likes

Not necessarily a helpful suggestion but I get my disney news here, DFB, and I’m signed up for the Military Disney Tips Newsletter. If I could figure out how to get things/notices delivered to me in my inbox I would but I won’t go searching about for stuff. I’ll be following for other ideas

1 Like

I have a Twitter “list” that I only put Disney/Universal related accounts in. So I can check on Disney stuff without seeing general news (mostly) if I want to.

ETA: not a good solution for everyone, especially if social media isn’t your thing, but maybe someone finds it helpful?

3 Likes

Mostly just being here, knowing everyone will immediately be discussing (and complaining and arguing about :laughing:) anything new of importance. If needing more info on something specific, I’ll just google and see what results I get, but lean toward places like the parks blog, DFB, WDWNT, etc.

3 Likes

The latest news feed from the TP Blog of course!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/touringplansblog

4 Likes

Oh! That’s a new one! I’ve never actually been over to the blog side, just the forums and the TP side.

I absolutely fell in the Rabbit Hole for arguing and taking points further than I needed to. That’s exactly what I’m trying to remove myself from. I don’t think the posts need any more of my flavor! :laughing::laughing:

It really covers everything, including UOR. Usually 5+ news posts per day. It’s a definite must have for bookmarking.

Eta: WDW wait times for all rides are posted every evening for the current day.

1 Like

Thank you, it sounds exactly what I’m looking for!

1 Like

If anyone’s not following her already - Caryle Wisel is my absolute favorite person to follow on Twitter. She’s an actual theme park reporter, enthusiastic about Disney, and hilarious! I trust anything she posts, and it usually very timely.

4 Likes

See now I just exposed my secret news outlet! :wink:

1 Like

This might be something we all have in common here, and it makes things fun because at the end of the day, even though there are some clear differences of opinion on things, there’s an underlying respect for each other as part of a big Disney family. It’s refreshing in the era of hateful twitter and facebook vitriol.

5 Likes

This site is very useful even if it’s not your first visit, and the writer often answers questions in a day or two.

1 Like

Surprised no-one has yet mentioned www.disneytouristblog.com, who do a daily e-mail.

The DFB videos are great, but their e-mail newsletter and social media presence are awful.

7 Likes

I second @sanstitre_has_left_the_building in Disney Tourist Blog. Tom Bricker is the best!

3 Likes

I use FeedlerRSS on my iPad to subscribe to various blogs, including Disney ones. I don’t have time to visit individual websites just to see if they have something new, except here of course. And clogging up my email annoys me almost as much as social media.

2 Likes

I also like blogmickey.com

2 Likes

Agree with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building here… Disney Tourist Blog is a must follow!

2 Likes

What a great idea. I was just trying to envision something very similar to this. One spot news source without all the noise, I love it!

1 Like

These are all great suggestions, and exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you!