What are the Nails on a Chalkboard Things that your Non-Disney Loving Friends and Relatives Say About WDW

Try the cars version of this in DCA it’s so much better and it’s the same track system.

2 Likes

Oh, I like this plan for when the kiddos are older! Tokyo looks dreamy from what I’ve seen!

I know. It’s my most desired acquisition but I had got flights to Paris for $450 round trip and direct from Austin Texas so it was gonna be first!

2 Likes

Now I am sad @qwerty6 lol. Fine. The acts can stay!

1 Like

To be fair I am afraid of a few things. Tuberculosis and c-diff being two of them.
But general GI bugs and URI don’t freak me out.

1 Like

These are just old people things. I do them, too. :laughing:

I also cannot learn the “new” Nicene Creed (You Catholics out there know what I mean). How long has that been? 15 years? That’s me in the back still reading it from the missal.

When I’m making grilled cheese sandwiches I ask the fam if they want cheddar or “pasteurized prepared cheese product”. Guess which one they pick. I have to side with Matt on this one.

Speaking of which:

I definitely used to feel this way because some of my friends are snobs. Intellectuals. The kind that go on a National Geographic tour to the Galapagos. But now I don’t care. Getting older has many advantages, too, one of them is not giving a damn what people think.

iu

So do we. When I see this I automatically think Grand Teton and Yellowstone. :laughing:

MRSA, too. But all that’s needed to cure c-diff is a poop transplant.

4 Likes

I get really annoyed when people first tell me Disney is just make believe and just for kids, then (usually the by same people) I am asked why would I spend so much money when I could be travelling with my kids “FOR REAL!” Meaning they believe Disney is not worth it because there are other places to travel. It irritates me because there are so many different kinds of trips that people enjoy, and I enjoy travelling very much, and my kids enjoy travelling and have been a ton of places. But we also enjoy Disney and every couple of years decide to go there instead of elsewhere! I just don’t understand how it became an invalid vacation for some people.

2 Likes

Love this.

4 Likes

It’s frustrating when people limit themselves by placing self-imposed age-appropriateness labels on things and kill their imagination and inner child. Life is too short. Disney is a fun and wholesome destination with something for everyone. Going somewhere that makes you happy is traveling for real. I love that everyone here gets that.

6 Likes

We loved the backlot tour.

1 Like

Yup hubby and I did the Ratatouille scavenger hunt to which the kids said nope. Then of course they joined us cuz fun is fun. Who cares we look like dorks?!?

5 Likes

My friends make fun of me for loving to go to Disney. I’m always the odd one out with them anyways.

3 Likes

““My dad really loved the way Walt thought about how family entertainment should be universal for everyone and not just a select few,” Debbie Bardeau said.” (An excerpt by the Orange County Register referring to legendary Disney photographer Renie Bardeau.)

Disneyland was created because Walt was tired of sitting on the bench in the park next to the carousal, watching his daughters having all the fun. That same bench is in DL at the entrance to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln as a reminder that all Disney parks are meant for every single person in the family, from Great Grandma all the way down the line.

8 Likes

Aw man I LOVED the back-lot tour!!

3 Likes

Me too

2 Likes

I got to be in the pre-show of the backlot tour twice. I was the one on the deck of the “sub” spotting the torpedo blasts both times. No photo evidence of it though because my parents were so engrossed in watching it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool. My brother and I were picked to ride on the back of the bees for the Honey I Shrunk the Kids part. I have photos.

3 Likes

My friend who is going (to WDW) on Saturday with her girls ages 18 and 20, keeps saying how excited she is to be going to Disneyland. :confounded: She will sometimes correct herself …

I took her to WDW in October - her first visit. We could only do two parks. I was trying to decide which parks and told her maybe we should do HS if she is a big Star Wars fan. Her response was, “I’ve never really been into Star Trek.”

Both of these mis-speaks drive me absolutely bonkers!

8 Likes

I’m so jealous!!!

1 Like

This is an unforgivable mix-up. :imp:

8 Likes