What are Magic Shots?

i’m trying to research Memory Maker for my brother’s upcoming trip (18 days away!). i hear people talking about “Magic Shots” but that doesn’t come up on the (#$%^#!!!) WDW website. i don’t want their trip to be burdened with standing in lines to get photos taken … is that how it works?? forgive my ignorance … every trip planned is like a whole new experience!

1 Like

this is all i can find on the (#$%^#!!!) WDW site:

Magic Shots Is that Tinker Bell in the palm of your hand? Magic Shots add Disney Characters and other fun surprises to your photos after they’re taken. Seeing is believing!

I found this:

1 Like

They are the cute photos were they add a chapter or animation after they are taken. Some are pretty fun.

I like the one with Pascal. Or the bunch of balloons.

1 Like

Oh! This too:

2 Likes

They put special things in the photo. Like below.

Typically, there aren’t long lines for most photo pass photographers.

3 Likes

Try this one too:

1 Like

very helpful, @PrincipalTinker ~ thank you! :blush:

@SirGreggLadyV ~ i appreciate the visual learning tool LOL thank you!

1 Like

You do have to stand in line for all the photo pass photos, but I always told them to skip the magic shots. We didn’t care for them, and my kids hated waiting in line for pictures so we were quick.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ooooh! I like the pandora magic shot!!!

1 Like

I had several magic shots while on a “team building” activity last week in Tampa. They made the night more fun.

Oh. Wrong magic shots.

Someone else probably gave you better info.

15 Likes

ROFL!!!

3 Likes

We just got back yesterday and if we waited 5 min in line it might have happened twice.

1 Like

There is a Disney PhotoPass Facebook group that has albums of all the Magic Shots, sorted by park, in their photo section.

2 Likes

We typically just get pictures taken at the locations we want and ask the photopass photog if he/she can do any magic shots while we are there.
If you are advising newbies, remind them to not wait for the first photopass photog they see as they enter Main Street. There are probably 10 of them in a row and the closer to the castle you get, the fewer people in line.

2 Likes

The upside of checking the PhotoPass FB page is that each Magic Shot is listed along with where you can get it. Some shots are available in multiple parks…like Tinkerbell or sitting on a bench w/ Mickey.

if you know where they are you can plan ahead.

1 Like

Wait, is this the actual Sir Gregg?? :blush:

Yes, that’s my sweet Scotsman SirGregg. :slight_smile: he’d be upset if he knew that I posted that. He really doesn’t like how Frozen has taken over the Norway Pavilion.

3 Likes