What am I doing wrong? Boarding Group practice

I have been trying to practice getting a boarding group for the last couple of days. Every single time it makes me select each member of my group. The app is running so slow. There is no way we will get a BG if I have to do this every time.

There is no “Select All” at the top?

There is but I am linked to other people because of our memory maker share and from a previous trip that I can’t seem to unlink from.

I believe that when you are actually in the park the people who have scanned in will be pre-selected. Maybe @ryan1 or @Jeff_AZ could please chime in?

Could you try on a desktop to remove the other people? I’m in your memory maker share and I’m not friending the dummy account until after my DHS day just in case!

4 Likes

I have been hearing you need to call and have them removed from your group. Maybe that will help? I haven’t starting practicing yet!!

1 Like

I’m on my desktop now. It’s so weird. I’m connected to my aunt and uncle from a trip we took with them back in 2016. It says they have “active admissions or plans” which makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

@melcort10 is right, when you’re in the park it auto selects people who have tapped in so you won’t have to do it yourself.

3 Likes

Ok thanks! Makes it hard to practice now. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I just click “select all” when I practice. It doesn’t really matter!

3 Likes

I had the same thing happening to me - I did end up calling and having the parties removed from my friends list. The cast member said it was because I had added them to my actual MDE account and they had active magic bands. I was too afraid of showing up in-park and having them added to my party automatically (which doesn’t seem to happen - but I just wanted to play it safe). They were able to remove with no issue at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh duh. That makes sense. Thank you!

4 Likes

I was able to remove friends and family but not the people (kids) Im the admin for. There’s also say the same thing! And they have NO tix.

I went in and deactivated their old magic bands and cards (even though it’s been over 4 years) and I still can’t remove them. I’ve been on hold with WDW for 40 min so far…:sob:

1 Like

53 minutes on hold…just as it started ringing to a cast member, I resolved the issue via chat. :laughing:

2 Likes

Fixed! Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m having an issue where my DH appears twice on my MDE Friends and Family list. I logged onto his and only 1 shows (his has the Cheshire cat avatar, but I also have one that is a greyed out Mickey head). It will not let me delete his second one. Has anyone else had this problem? I do not want to spend hours on phone waiting for DGS. I’m wondering if this will be a problem when we get to the park and try for a BG.

Yes, this happened to me as well. I had to call to get it fixed, there was basically a ghost profile and his real profile. They were able to merge the ghost with the real, and all was good. No more issues. You really do need to call, but they will fix it. I don’t know if it will affect getting a BG, but I would not risk it. In my account it was causing problems with tickets/FPP.

While on hold on the phone, the chat line opened up. They were able to fix it over the chat. I had been on hold for 53 min.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will keep my eye open for chat.

1 Like

For practice, you are better off ignoring the ‘select all’ and just hitting join with only you selected. This mimics the same steps as the real attempt. (without one extra click)

3 Likes