What advice would you give

Great advice. The only thing that really worries me is the idea that they didn’t have park reservations. That could be a disaster! But sounds like maybe they do have at least some.

5 Likes

I see only two days now have availability. Hope she managed to get Epcot reserved for tomorrow through Thursday. If not, there is only Wednesday and Thursday availability left this week.

OMG!!! I…I…just don’t understand planning a Disney vacation like this. It would stress me the mess out. But, like others have said, not everyone tours like Liners…or even (GASP!) wants to tour like us! Which is bananas to me. When DH and I went in February 2020 we chatted with this couple at Nomad who had been at Disney for like 2 weeks and ridden two rides. They had basically only been going around to different lounges the entire time because FPs were “too hard to get”. And the weird thing was…they seemed to be having a fantastic time! So…let’s hope your friend is like these people and are totally cool with just hanging out?!? But seriously OMG I am developing ulcers thinking about the disaster that may be their trip. :grimacing:

8 Likes

This. I took a friend for a quick 2 night trip and she had never been. She thought there was only 1 park called Disney and when we got there all she wanted to do was go shopping and sit by the pool. She was actually disappointed in the trip and said she was glad she saw it but didn’t ever need to go back. I was crushed bc I spent so much time crafting the perfect touring plans so we can see the most of 3 parks in 2 days while taking into consideration her wants and avoiding all thrill rides bc she is terrified. Some people are perfectly happy just being and seeing and not doing.

4 Likes

My group had gone and we had been successful with hitting almost everything. That same year, a co-worker took her family and extended members during Christmas week. We tried to give so many tips and told them to reserve, plan, reserve, and plan and reserve some more. But she came back and complained bc they had not made any reservations or FP+ for anything and ended up getting pizza at the resort or snack foods, and spent more time standing in line than being able to ride anything. She said they would never go back.

3 Likes

Ha! Love that phrase. Also: me too.

8 Likes

For what it’s worth, we just got back, didn’t have a park reservation for our last day there (4/22) and wanted to go to magic kingdom. We went to front desk at grand Floridian and they made a call for us and done. Definitely add the park hopper though!

11 Likes

My BFF took her DD10 to Disney a few years ago and complained to me that she had a horrible time and would never go back. I told her flat out it was because she did it wrong.

@eeeevah I hope your friends find the magic and have a good time. I saw this article which may help for the days they can’t get into a park 10 Things To Do at Walt Disney World Without a Park Ticket

8 Likes

My neighbors just got back and they basically said the same thing about not really planning on ever going back. I said something similar about them doing it wrong because when they talked about things it was basically like they did everything a liner would not do. Ha

4 Likes

We have a few neighbors who have said the same thing - never going back, it is a madhouse.

When one of them went into their looong waits for Splash Mountain etc, I kept thinking about the time we we walked past a 60 minute Splash line and rode it 3 times in a row with no wait by using our last FPP, then scoring 2 more each time we tapped in.

They didn’t want to hear it though. :smiley:

8 Likes

That might be what’s referred to when one uses the phrase “salt in the wound”.

7 Likes

I feel compelled.

Epcot has opened back up for tomorrow…And…both AK and EP are now available for Wed and Thurs!

Still nothing for Friday through Sunday.

6 Likes

This is great news (unless that changes in later posts)

2 Likes

We’re planning to go to lunch at Poly one day so this caught my eye…

I think the monorail station at the Poly is still closed so need to take the ferry?

Is there an actual playground or are you thinking of the Kiki Tikis splash area? If the splash area, is that open to those not staying at the Poly or is inside the pool fence (which may or may not be locked, I think?)?

Paging those who might know…
@vcka @OBNurseNH @ninjasherrie

Splash pad is inside the fence. Guests only.

Do not recall a general play area.

1 Like

Make a park reservation now…if they can get any.

1 Like

There is no play area. We asked on our last trip when we were waiting for our room to be ready. It was demolished years ago.

1 Like

You can also take the monorail to the TTC and walk over to the Poly. It’s a really easy short walk.

3 Likes

I don’t agree that’s it’s a short walk but I’m using a cane sooooo. I’d take the boat over from MK and then youlll walk right by the pool bar too. Didn’t you want something there @amvanhoose_701479?

3 Likes

Yes! Margarita with lime Dole whip! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes