What advice would you give

Fair point.

3 Likes

Plus walking over from Poly to TTC you have to go ALL away around to go through temp/security screening. They don’t have a specials entrance for Poly guests. If we had been able to walk in on the Poly side it would have been ok.

Between this story and the one @93111tink shared in the Disneyland thread, I’m experiencing some serious second-hand anxiety. Geez people, do some research! :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

I keep thinking about this too. I think ppl are just used to going on a whim and are not paying attention, just wanting to get away.… I know Disney has been upfront about Park Reservations but I can see how some might miss it.

…and if I had a friend that did this I would do everything in my power to help them get a pk res.

7 Likes

Exactly - that’s what makes it hurt so much! I really do want these strangers to have a good time on their vacation!

8 Likes

hahaha… exactly… caring about strangers visiting the magic :wink:

5 Likes

Whoops! :woman_facepalming: Ok, maybe reconsider the Poly for the traveling friend… unless they really like dole whip. That’d be enough reason to go for me.

1 Like

Have you heard from your friend at all? Did she get park passes? I’ve literally been stressing out thinking about this.

8 Likes

Yes we need updates!!!

5 Likes

See, THIS should have been the first piece of advice: “Write a live trip report”

Cause…

(seriously, how is everything going?)

10 Likes

I actually have a feeling that once they explain everything to their hotel person… they’ll be able to enter into every park they want to, but maybe just no hopping. (remember: this limit is self imposed AND they’ll make more money off of them by allowing them in the parks than keeping them out.)

But still

6 Likes

Lol. Here’s what I know: they arrived in North Carolina last night. They have a park pass for animal kingdom this Thursday. She mentioned having a park pass to Magic Kingdom but has not confirmed the day with me. She also asked me yesterday if a park hopper meant they could go to any park. So I had to clarify that they first had to tap into their reserved park and then yes, after 2 PM, they could go to a different park.

She asked me if there were fireworks currently and if Epcot was kid friendly… I swear I will update this crew as best as I can. I think she got tired of answering all of my questions…

18 Likes

13 Likes

Oh! And thanks, @ryan1, for the notice on additional park reservations last night. I alerted her but don’t know if she followed through. I, however, got an extra HS day for our upcoming trip. Still uncertain if we’ll go since it’s our pool day, but maybe we’ll just pop in for a RotR…

9 Likes

I feel so relieved knowing she at least has a couple of park reservations! I, too, was having major anxiety for them reading along.

4 Likes

Interesting. It’s almost 5:00 in Florida, and when I look at the calendar today is showing green for theme park ticket holders and resort guests! So maybe it’s possible to get in a park if you just wait until later in the day!

5 Likes

Come to think of it Deni Sunderly on The Dis said exactly this on a recent show.

3 Likes

Ohhhh this is great intel. Thanks ladies! @OBNurseNH @Julianne_fki

1 Like

I’m not seeing that at all? It’s been the same view all day for me?

Scroll down and see what parks are open. I did see a change at 5:20 to green for some tickets