West Coast vs East Coast Battle: Christmas, Part 1 (A Trip Report)

Thanks guys! Still drinking my Gatorades cuz I’m still on a liquid diet. I can’t wait to get out of here! At some point I will put my stars into a spreadsheet for comparison analysis with WDW next month but I have to get out of here first!

8 Likes

Freedom at last. Pretty sure this not what MLK Jr meant but the words feel like they fit here too.

8 Likes

Another that does after about 48 hours with no food is the scene in Gone with the Wind when Scarlett says “As God as my witness, I shall never go hungry again” at the end of the war when she gets back to Tara. I’m very hungry! I’ve requested biscuits and mashed potatoes to start.

10 Likes

Yay!! What’s the plan? Heading home or going to recover a bit first? Glad you are doing well, enjoy all the food!!

5 Likes

I’m currently lying on my aunts couch petting her dog while hubby watches the packers/titans game. We’ll either fly home tomorrow or Saturday. They pump you full of carbon dioxide and it depends on how fast I can get it out because right now it’s painful (like my shoulder). Flying would make that worse according to WebMD. Online says 24-48 hours so tomorrow would be about 44 hours so might be okay. Luckily SWA let’s you make changes pretty close to the last minute so we can wait and see.

9 Likes

That trapped gas can be so painful! I would give yourself as much time as possible before flying. I’m sure the seatbelt pressure and any wiggle wobble of turbulence could be painful in the straight upright position of your seat too.

3 Likes

Hubby mentioned that. Sitting upright and squeezed in. The car ride was admittedly painful. I felt every bump

3 Likes

Yeah… You have good pain meds right? I know it took me a couple weeks to not hurt in the car after my laproscopic surgeries.

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s gravy too! Awesome news!
I know you’re anxious to get home but don’t rush it.

1 Like

Maybe it’s too early to ask but have you thought at all about rescheduling the Florida half of your trip?

6 Likes

I know it’s not the same, but when I had my gallbladder removed, I swear the worst pain from recovery was the referred pain radiating through my shoulder from all the C02 in the abdomen (not helped by the fact that I was not at all prepared for that type of pain!). I’m so sorry about all of this and hope you’re home soon!

3 Likes

Very glad to hear this!

4 Likes

It’s in Dec so I should be better by then!

3 Likes

I think it’s actually pretty similar. My mom and aunt both had their gallbladders out and warned me of the shoulder pain. It’s by far the sharpest pain I’m in now. Hubby put an icy/hot on it which helped me sleep. Now he’s trying to figure out how to Saran Wrap me for a shower lol.

7 Likes

Nope I’m just alternating b/w Tylenol and aleve every 4 hours. My kids dentist said she read a study that said that was more effective for pain management. And I really hate narcotics. I get all the side effects like nausea and headaches.

2 Likes

Oh good! Hope you are able to rest well and recover in the meantime.

2 Likes

DH had to do this a few times for me! It works well. Though the doctors said it was okay to shower.

3 Likes

The nurse wasn’t really helpful but asked my mom who did the gallbladder thing. She said just keep your back to the water so that’s what I did

1 Like

So sorry your trip ended this way but glad you’re done w the surgery!

2 Likes

Me too. I’m feeling much better. I enjoyed walking. Glad that was in Cali instead of Texas. Got a view of the ocean and the temps here are fabulous.

7 Likes