West Coast vs East Coast Battle: Christmas, Part 1 (A Trip Report)

Hubby wants to fly here but with the dogs and kid. He was upset he didn’t see the call/texts last night and questioned whether he should leave his phone on at night but I said what could he have really done , better for him to have rested

DD knows cuz she’s with DH but DS is oblivious cuz he’s at school. Best not to worry him till it’s all over and just a story

8 Likes

He loves yall! I would be angry if he didn’t offer to come and/or kick himself for missing your calls/text.

I feel terrible that hospital staff is giving you poor customer service.
Which hospital are you at?

I was at ER at Anaheim Global Medical Center in September for my eye laceration.

5 Likes

Right!! Unless he’s a surgeon with privileges at the hospital you’re in. I’m sure it will be fine. But I’ll be sending along some prayers and healing vibes all the same!

3 Likes

Same hospital. Most of them are very nice. But there a few exceptions.

Hubby said UCIrivine is supposed to be better and Aunt agrees. But once you’re at one it’s too much of a pain to change. If I had known that in the ambulance I would have specifically asked. I do that in my hometown. But here I didn’t know going in.

7 Likes

It’s the closest ER to DLR. UC Irvine is bigger. Hang in there! :pray:t3:

3 Likes

I waited so long the day I needed my appendix out bc I requested a specific doctor too. By the time I went to the OR I was ready to have the custodian take it out with a spork.

Please don’t rush yourself in recovery. I hurried home (like in less than 14 hours) and my recovery was horrible horrible awful. Meanwhile my MD friend took it easy for 48 hours and he was biking 18 miles back to work 10 days later.

9 Likes

Hubby is coming and my mom is watching kid and dogs. 2 or 3 more hours and then after clear liquids woo hoo. Hubby made The Devil Wears Prada joke and asked how much I think the appendix weighs. Lol. Nothing.

13 Likes

Oh my! Sending all the good vibes for your surgery and recovery. Thank goodness your aunt and now DH are able to be with you.

4 Likes

I don’t feel good but I’m still alive

4 Likes

I squeaked and squeaked and they’re gonna let hubby stop by. If vaccinated people can visit during the day why not at night? I also squeaked and squeaked and finally got a working bed. And when they wanted to put legs in a massager to prevent clots; I squeaked and asked to go for a walk instead. I’m being the annoying patient and I don’t care. I just want to be treated like a human being.

Also when I asked for Gatorade (cuz I’m on clear liquid diet) I was told they weren’t that fancy?!?! What hospitals don’t have Gatorade or Powerade. Everyone I’ve ever been to does. If you’re ever me, ask to go to UC Irvine as it’s only 5 min further away and it’s not attached to three mental hospitals and a prison with the CT machine in a portable and beds that don’t work and wheelchairs that are falling apart.

8 Likes

I work in a fairly large hospital and have never seen Gatorade/Powerade for patients either. Well, it’s in the vending machines I think, but definitely not delivered from our food service or floor stock.
Sorry your stay isn’t great, hope you are feeling better.

8 Likes

I was just fed up. But I’m so much better now I saw DH. He’s so darn cute! Now I’ll shut up and take my medicine. Lol

11 Likes

I guess Austin is just diff. I’ve been to the hospital more times than I would like with kids and they have Powerade. But look what DH brought

The OJ was making tummy hurt a little and I don’t like apple juice but Gatorade goes right down.

11 Likes

Glad your DH made it and brought you some drinks.

5 Likes

DH was trying to explain to my mom how to take care of kid and dogs and he said she was like “I can figure it out”. I said “do you see where I get it from?” Lol

8 Likes

I’m glad you got your Gatorade and your DH could visit.

5 Likes

I’ve been a nurse since 1995 and have never seen them except in vending machines.

Hospitals are so short staffed now. It’s a terrible time to be sick. Glad you have DH there to help. You shouldn’t have to stay too long.

7 Likes

I’m so happy DH came to be with you, and brought Gatorade! Sending lots of healing vibes your way.

4 Likes

It’s sad the state of that hospital and everything you have to go through.

3 Likes

I step away for 1 day and look what happens. Geez Louise! Hopefully you’re out of surgery and feeling so much better now. I am so glad your aunt was nearby and hubby was able to get there so quickly. :heart:

5 Likes