We're Disney Bound

Nicely played. :smirk:

11 Likes

:joy: I wasn’t even trying! I swear!

7 Likes

I really enjoyed my breakfast there in February. Keep stalking to find one for my birthday trip!

2 Likes

I hope it’s okay to add my two cents about it. My children insist on having late breakfast there every time we go to Disney. In normal times, it’s honestly not my favorite. But with the new family style menu, I really enjoyed it in December! I was pleasantly surprised, everything was tasty and fresh. The banana bread french toast was my favorite, but everyone else loved the cheesey potatoes. And the best part as a mother was that I didn’t have to keep getting out of my seat to help the kiddos at the buffet. I severely hope that they keep this family style service at least for a little while longer. The character interactions we had there were really great.

That being said, I’m interested in hearing how the experience is with the construction currently going on at CR. I wasn’t able to get a reservation for our August trip and I’m thinking about giving up soon if the construction is inconvenient/unpleasant.

4 Likes

I ate at Contempo Cafe next door a month ago and the construction was not disruptive at all. No loud noises, etc. The only impact is there is canvass all over the balconies as you can see in photos of the atrium. But you can still see the mural, monorail, etc.

3 Likes

Banana bread French toast might persuade me to give it a go!

5 Likes

Too bad you aren’t arriving a couple days early bc my reservation is on 7/16 and I’ll be solo.

3 Likes

I’m hoping the banana bread french toast is like the grilled banana bread dessert they used to have at B&C which was amazing.

2 Likes

I have never had that, so I can’t really say. But I did ask for thirds at Chef Mickey’s…

3 Likes

We loved it too…I was not looking forward to it but the cheesy potatoes were amazing!!! Everything was delicious!

4 Likes

What is that magical multipart harness your DD is using in lieu of a car seat?

2 Likes

I don’t know yet, I’ll contact them after my vacation. I sure hope so. It’s their fault I couldn’t use the seat.

5 Likes

We really enjoyed it! The cheesy potatoes were my favorite. I though the banana bread French toast was dry, but the bananas on top were delicious!

We had Ziploc bags and took some Mickey waffles to go. The other pastries too.

7 Likes

I agree, the construction was a non-issue.

3 Likes
2 Likes

A Ride Safer Travel Vest

(I am a former car seat tech :sunglasses:)

5 Likes

Quick recap of the day:

We got started a little later than I would have liked, but after last night it is what it is. We tapped in at 9:01am. We headed for Tomorrow Land and as we arrived, my mom realized she lost her phone (spoiler alert - it was in the van). We fumbled around for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do, and decided to just stop by Guest Services on our way out at lunch time. The late stop and fumbling meant that the line for Space had started to build. We decided to hold off and instead rode AO with no wait, followed by walking on Buzz twice. We got stuck in the volcano room for a bit and I was able to rack up a score of 570,000. Next time around it was 201,000. I beat the rest of my group the first time, DH beat me by 1,000 the second time.

We decided to go for Space at this point, so DM and DA took the girls on PM, then DA took DD4 to CoP. Me, DH, DS9, and DS6 went to Space. We got to the point of being able to see the loading area and I noticed all the cars were empty. A couple of minutes later they announced it was down. We chose to wait it out and it was up in about 15 minutes.

After Space I had planned for the rest of us to ride PM and CoP, but decided to call an audible and head to Little Mermaid for the sake of DD4. She was so sweet to watch waving at all the characters as we rode. She really enjoyed the ride. It was time to head out for lunch, so we walked through the castle and came out just after Tink started heading down Main St… We were able to catch up enough to see her as she came around by City Hall.

My mom went into Guest Services at City Hall and the rest of us got to stand at the bottom of the stairs and see the Pooh characters coming down from the train station. The, as we were about to walk out, the put the rope back up and a slew of random characters came out. Alice, Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, Moana, and Gaston. As Gaston passed DD4 he said, “I see that gleam in her eye. It means she’s in love with me.” As we walked out of the park, DD4 looked up at me and said, “Mom, I am in love with Gaston!” Cutest moment of the trip for sure!!

We hopped on the monorail to CR for our noon breakfast. We really enjoyed Chef Mickey’s. I loved the cheesy potatoes, they were definitely my favorite. I had one of the boozy iced coffees and it was delicious! The kids did not like the smoothie things that they got. And they were so busy eating the celebration pancakes that they didn’t even touch the Mickey waffles. No worries, I bring Ziploc bags for just such an occasion and now their breakfast is taken care of in the morning (picked up some syrup in the shop on the boardwalk). One thing to note - when we arrived there was a sign up saying walk-ins were welcome.

After we ate we took the monorail back to TTC and happily found mom’s phone in the van. We headed back to BWV. I had left the afternoon open so we could rest, with plans for heading to Epcot after dinner to maybe hit up Gran Fiesta and FEA, grab some ice cream, and catch the fireworks. DH laid down for a nap almost immediately, as did DM. The kids started watching TV. I was wired because, well, I’m at Disney, and DA was up for whatever. We decided to put the baby in the stroller and go exploring in WS. I never get to because of my impatient children. DD4 insisted on joining us.

We took our time walking through England and Canada. It was so nice to finally have the opportunity to do so! I used to live near London, so I really enjoyed taking it all in. As we started our way around to Mexico they made the announcement that Epcot Forever was cancelled. Thankfully we’re here for another week, so we should be able to work it in.

DD4 was starting to complain about getting bored, so we went to Mexico and rode Gran Fiesta, and then to Norway and rode FEA. It was approaching dinner time as we got to the line for FEA, so I got on my phone to place a MO at Trattoria. No slots available for the rest of the day. Whomp whoop. I was really looking forward to Italian so DA suggested we order from off property. We opted to GrubHub Buca di Beppo for the adults and get Boardwalk Pizza for the kids. I put DH in charge of organizing that while we continued around WS. We didn’t go through anymore countries, but we did get slushies from Les Vines in France. Why have I never tried them before?! 100% a new must-do for every trip!

We toodled around while we finished our drinks then walked back to the resort.were ate dinner in the room. The portions were huge so now we have dinner for tomorrow night. Or lunch if the weather is too crazy to leave the resort. The boys were bummed that we decided to ride a couple of rides without them this afternoon, but thems the breaks when you choose to sit in the hotel and watch TV and an impending storm messes with your plans. We’re now hunkered down for the night. I’m praying for a very restful night.

The plan for tomorrow was to RD HS. We were going to RD SDD, but I’m not sure it will open in the morning. Everything else at HS is inside, so, I think if we brave it we will be able to accomplish a lot. I will still get up and try for a BG. From there we’ll just play it by ear. Honestly, I think a lot of this trip will be playing it by ear. Lots of audible calls. Between the weather and lack of FPs I just don’t see any other way. And I think it will be ok. At the end of the day we’re still at Disney!

And after loading these pictures I realize I need to do better at taking pictures of us. I got none today :pensive:

28 Likes

Amazing Gaston interaction!!!

3 Likes

Precious! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Y’all will be telling that Gaston story for years to come! You and your ziplock bags…love it!!! Taking some leftovers that won’t spoil for “hangry” kiddos later could 100% prevent a total meltdown!!!

4 Likes