We're Disney Bound

Moana pic! Awesome.

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My heart just melted.

Frozen drinks in France :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Received two text alerts of a tornado warning in Lake Buena Vista. (Yes, I have my weather app set to there. :slight_smile:) Thanks for sharing your trip. Stay safe!

7 Likes

The shirts turned out great!

1 Like

Well at least you started off telling us you were not going to finish the report. Ha. Hope you guys had a great time.

10 Likes

We met Moana at DLR in 2018. We were first in line bc a super nice family let us move in front of them after we were queued at the exit. :woman_facepalming: Moana arrived 10 minutes late for her 20 minute set. But she was so so so sweet And she looked super authentic.

10 Likes

DD8mo is wearing one of my favorites today!

20 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Yes, I have fallen behind! I will try to catch up a bit now as we’re lounging around the resort.

7 Likes

Love it :joy::joy:

2 Likes

That is amazing!

2 Likes

I woke up around 6:30 on TS Elsa day and it looked icky out - lots of wind and rain. I made the executive decision to let everyone sleep in. I piddled around for a few minutes, scored BG 57, and went back to sleep until 8 or so. Looked out the window and the weather was fine. Cloudy, but not rainy or windy. :woman_facepalming: Oh well. Another RD miss.

We arrived at HS around 10 I think. A cavalcade began just behind us as we walked in, so we stopped to watch.

The lines were long all around. I threw the TP out the window (this becomes a theme…). We hopped in line for MMRR. Lines said about 40 minutes and that seems about right. It was so hot in that line! They wouldn’t put the umbrellas up because of the threat of wind gusts, so we wilted in the sun. I hopped on my phone and ordered some neck fans from Amazon.

Once we were inside I tried to get some pictures in the line. Seemed like a good way to pass the time.

The ride was cute, and I’m sure I will enjoy it more as I ride it again and pick up on more details. I won’t wait in that kind of line for it again though. And y’all, why does Goofy look like a meth addict?!

After MMRR it was 25 minutes until the next Frozen sing along, so we took a potty break, dealt with a silly issue at home (neighbor texted and said the pool pump was spewing water everywhere…nope, the Polaris was left out of the water the night before after the swim lessons I host, just needed to be dropped back in the pool), then walked right in to the theater. I’m still bummed about Equity Ben’s retirement, but our historians were great. I laughed out loud a couple of times.

It was still about 45 minutes until our ADR at Sci-Fi, but I asked at the host stand if we could get in early, and they accommodated us. Yay! We got the onion rings to start. So so good! And, as mentioned by others (I think @bebe80 and @OBNurseNH), the fires there do not disappoint! Of course, the star of the show was the Orbiting Oreos (@Dreamer knows what I’m talking about!). I suck at photography, but here is the obligatory photo:

We followed lunch with RotR. On our first day RotR was practically a walk on, but it took probably 30 or 40 minutes to get to the room with Rey this time. As we approached the room DD4 informed me that she needed to go potty. A very kind CM took us backstage and outside to a bathroom while my husband and sons waited in the Rey room. I was so thankful!

Star Tours had a pretty short line (20 minutes), so we hopped on. After that we called it a day and took the boat back to Boardwalk. It was our last night there so we packed up and prepared for a semi-early breakfast at Ale and Compass the next day.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some details, and if I remember anything, I will go back and add it. I would love to be doing these updates daily, or, even better, as we go, but I’m just juggling too much. Being in charge of 7 other people is hard!!

20 Likes

This is the exact reason we didn’t potty train my DD4 until after our WDW trip. She wasn’t taking to potty training forever and about the time she turned 4 we gave up and said we’d do it after WDW. :joy: It only took us a couple weeks after getting home before she was pretty much fully trained.

5 Likes

Yes, they are so flaming good! :joy:

7 Likes

Yes!! This ride would be really cute but I found the grey tinged blood shot eyed goofy so off putting I’m honestly not super into riding it again

3 Likes

I am 100% not a fan of this Ren and Stimpy animation style. I find it so disturbing a part of me doesn’t even want to try to ride it when we visit!

6 Likes

I’ve had previous experiences where bell services took 45 minutes or more to come pick up our bags, so I called around 7:10am on transfer day. They arrived within 20 minutes. I had all but 2 bags ready to go, so I figured I could just leave them at bell services for the day. We finished getting ready, made sure we had all our belongings, and headed out for our 8:40am at Ale and Compass. We considered taking the boat, but chose to walk instead. Good thing. As we got to YC we heard them saying none of the Friendship Boats were running. I never figured out why.

Apparently nobody else in my crew cares all that much about breakfast. I, on the hand, was very excited about and very much enjoyed my dark chocolate waffles. We finished up and headed out for Epcot. We nailed this RD!! We were the last group they let through security to be held at the taps. It was already hot and we were melting again.

They let us through the taps and we headed up into WS. There was a CM standing on the right asking where people were headed and directing traffic. I’m not really sure the purpose of her asking though, no matter the answer she was directing everyone to the left. We got into the RD crowd and a minute or two later the sky let it go. Everybody started scurrying to get their ponchos on. And they dropped the rope. It was pretty chaotic. The rain stopped as quickly as it had started. I was thankful I hadn’t bothered with a poncho (I was wearing the baby on my back and prefer her not smothered by a plastic bag!). We headed around to Norway and were in line just around the corner at Akershus.

If memory serves (it probably doesn’t, it’s been a few days and even more KahluaTini’s!), we were off FEA before official park open. The boys all wanted to head to Mission Space, so us ladies headed for Spaceship. We got derailed by the Disney Visa ride at MouseGears :rofl: Man, I am in trouble with DD4. She got the shopping gene from me and my mom!

By the time we made it to SE the wait was around 20 minutes. We sucked it up. The boys met up with us after the ride and we collectively decided to head over to Nemo and the Seas. It seemed like a good time for a Mickey Bar break. These were the results:

We rode Nemo then spent some time exploring the aquariums. Why do I love sea turtles so much? It started raining just before we were ready to walk out and we decided to brave it anyway. We weren’t going far, just to the Land Pavilion. We walked in and decided to go see Awesome Planet. It was a first for us. And speaking of firsts, DD4 had the first big meltdown of the trip. She had wanted to keep her new ears dry, so I put them in my bag on the stroller. Well now that we were inside, she wanted them back. “I want my ears. I want my ears.” was the hold music everyone heard while waiting for the show :roll_eyes: We got her calmed down before the show started.

We followed the show with a ride on LwtL. As I write this I am remembering that we actually went to EP the night before too! Quick detour:

After getting packed up for our transfer we headed to EP for fireworks. We got there around 8pm. First stop was, of course, slushes in France. I decided to try the orange one this time. I finished it, but man was it sweet. Lemon is definitely my favorite. The boys headed off for Soarin’ and us ladies meandered around a bit.

We met up with the guys for a twilight ride on LwtL. My aunt loves to garden so she really enjoyed it. We all agreed we should do the Behind the Seeds tour when we come back in March. It was after 9 at this point, so we headed back toward the bridge to France to watch the fireworks. We left my mom and aunt on the bridge while we went to France for frozen treats. My husband hopped in line for my lemon slush and I took the kids to the ice cream place in France. The fireworks started while we were waiting for the ice cream. Oh well, we’ve seen EF before anyway. A family tried to come in the out door at the ice cream place and we’re quite disgruntled when they were told to leave. The CM closed the door behind them and assured us we wouldn’t be locked in. I replied, “Oh no! Please don’t lock me in with all the ice cream and booze! What a nightmare!” :rofl:

We got back to the bridge just as the fireworks ended. We chose to stand there and eat our ice cream/drink my slush as the crowd poured out of the park. Then we left and called it a night.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

After riding LwtL we still had some time before our Rose and Crown ADR. I thought it would be a good time for the Pixar Shorts. After walking over, piddling around, and grabbing some popcorn, we just missed the start of the show. Since we were right there, we decided to check out the DVC Lounge. This is our first trip as owners, so we felt very cool heading up. Turns out, not all that cool. I mean, it is a calm, air conditioned place to hang out, but that’s about it. No cool views or anything.

We walked over to Rose and Crown for our linner. I had the pub burger. Much to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed it! DH had the chicken and found it a bit bland. The rest had fish and chips and all enjoyed them. We finished our meal and walked back to BWV. I went to bell services to retrieve the bags I had left for the day and also to pick up an Amazon package. They had trouble finding the package. Turns out they had set it aside to send over to Kidani for us since we had already checked out. These are the kinds of details that I love about Disney!

After that we said goodbye to BWV and made our way to Kidani. Our room assignments had come through as we walked from EP to BWV. Our rooms are across the hall from each other so we can go back and forth to see two different savannahs :heart_eyes:

Again, I’m sure I’ve forgotten some stuff. I’ll try to remember more later.

I know I’m still a few days behind, but the baby just pooped and we’re about to get ready to head to MK to catch the fireworks. I’ll try to catch up more tomorrow.

16 Likes

My kids have all potty trained by 2, but I often consider putting them in pull ups at the parks (when they’re still young…3, 4…) just in case.

3 Likes

I’m not even going to fix that!

3 Likes

The new animation style is definitely not my favorite.

7 Likes

This is fantastic!

4 Likes