Well that was unfortunate

My DS14 cut his hand on a knife last night, while doing dishes. He has to have surgery to fix the tendon. We are 6 days from leaving and 7 from the parks. We can do this. But I bet people will be glad I pre-packed now.

2 Likes

Oh my!

I hope he feels better soon. Definitely good you’ve prepacked.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. Prayers he heals quickly.
:heart:

3 Likes

Oh no! Sending healing vibes!!

2 Likes

Well that’s one way to get out of doing the dishes! :wink:

Yes, you totally can! ESPECIALLY because you are already packed!

Hope the surgery goes well & quickly and he’s on the road to healing (and then on the road to Disney) ASAP!

2 Likes

I hope he is not in pain! You got this!

2 Likes

so sorry. praying it will all be okay

1 Like

Oh no. Hope it goes ok. My then 7 yr old trapped his thumb in a door 7 days before our last trip. Cut down to the bone which was broken. Had to have surgery too. Didn’t ruin the holiday at all, although he had to be careful in water. Hope it doesn’t ruin yours either

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! I hope he heals quickly.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this, hope it heals quickly and doesn’t interfere with plans.

1 Like

Prayers for a successful surgery and quick, complete, easy recovery!

3 Likes

So sorry. Hope he recovers quickly.

1 Like

Oh so sorry. Hoping he makes a quick recovery.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this! Hope all goes well with the surgery and that he’ll recover quickly!

1 Like

So sorry to hear this. Wishing your son well and quick to heal.

Yes good that you are packed. And as a liner know how to stay ahead of things i. Disney and work with problems.

Pixie dust.

2 Likes

Sending my best healing vibes your way. Maybe you’re getting all of the stress out of the way now so you can have a worry free trip when you get to Disney. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh my! So sorry to hear this! I guess, better last night than 5 days from now, right? Good luck with everything and I hope he isn’t in too much pain!

2 Likes

It really does put things in prospective. He was like "mom I am sorry I got hurt, I hope it doesn’t mess up vacation. I hadn’t even thought about the trip, I was just thinking of getting my poor baby’s hand healed.

11 Likes

As someone who at 12 (or maybe 11 almost 12) who had a bike wreck and pulled a muscle in my hip a week before a Disney Trip my dad was leading from our church, I can totally sympathize with him on this!! I was crying my eyes out in the ER and saying “If I can’t go, take Heather!” (my best friend whose family was going until her parents got divorced and they cancelled) I got cleared to go, and my pediatrician and her family were on the trip, so she made sure I walked every hour on the bus. And told my dad NOT to get me a wheelchair - just slow the pace. But I was so sad and worried I had ruined the trip for our family!!

Gotta ask though… Has he played the “If you hadn’t made me wash dishes…” card yet?

4 Likes

Oh, what a sweet kid. I’m so sorry that happened and hope his surgery and healing are as quick and easy and painless as possible.