Website Redesign: Attraction Wait & Genie Return Times charts

Here’s an updated design based on the most common feedback received. Let me know what y’all think.

6 Likes

I find the red graph, with the two different scales comparing the posted versus actual, to be very misleading. I would use the same scale for both.

3 Likes

I like this! A few minor notes:

1. The wait-times-based-on-crowd-level table at the top should probably highlight the current day being viewed (eg, if the current day is a 5, then put an outline/invert the colors)

2. Some of the headers are duplicated. I would remove the duplicated headers and bring the ride name, current wait time, and recommendation up to the top, front and center. Things like the current date don’t really need to be repeated in the sub-graphs.

4 Likes

Thanks Joshua!

The idea with the graphs is that they’re independenly shareable on social media, in the same format that they appear on the site. When they’re shared, the panel above (with the date) won’t be present, so it’d have to appear on the graph.

I like the idea with highlighting the current crowd level.

4 Likes

Resurrecting this thread since it’s about the new website and wait times.

One thing that was always missing from the old website was actual (submitted) wait times in the historical data pages for the Tron & Guardians Virtual Queue. The only thing you could view was day-of submissions on the Lines app.

You can now see the VQ wait time data for today and any past date on the new site:

Tron page

GOTG page

Now what I did to find GOTG data @len was go to the “view past dates” on the crowd calendar page. And then the park, then attraction. It then shows the data for the current day, with no option to view a previous date. So what I did was change the date in the url, and that worked.

Now, when I went to do Tron, it is not listed with the other attractions. (probably needs fixed) So, to get to the Tron wait time page, I manually inserted tron-lightcycle-power-run into the url where guardians was.

Also, the date of the collected wait time data is not displayed. So the only way to know when the wait times were for are to look at the date in the url.

Oh, one more thing. I need to give someone at TP a rough time. :slightly_smiling_face: On the images, why does it say “VL”? That reminds me of Universal’s Virtual Line. And is “FP” here forever? :wink:

1 Like

I have been delinquent on keeping up with the threads. I missed this one until I started my holiday vacation.

My initial coments were going to be on the orginal carts you posted at the top, but I see you made some modifications recently. They are more inline with my thoughts on how to show them.

Bascially I was going to say:

• do not stack the actual versus posted on top of each other. Put them beside each other. Looks like you did this.
  • I would also like to add predicted to the chart. Turn it into a combination chart and maybe have the predicted as a fill area.
  • I like how you have dimmed the future times. Keep that.
  • I like to see the current recommendation. This is basically how I tour these days. Keep that.
  • The current wait time you are showing at the top, is that predicted, posted, or something else?

I am not the best at building charts, but here is what I was trying to put together before I noticed your latest update…(forgive my colors)

3 Likes