Weather in January? What Clothing?

We were there in mid-March this year and we were freezing had to buy extra socks at space mountain…

3 Likes

I was supposed to go in January (next month!) with DD25 but we had to postpone til February. :cry:
But, I was there in January 2018 (marathon week) and it was soooo cold. We were glad we drove that year and had our winter coats, hats, gloves etc. It was in the 30s and a damp cold. Our last day it got up to 55°F and DDs insisted on swimming lol. DH and I got in the hot tub instead.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh have all the fun with everyone!
On what to wear, the answer is yes. Pack all the clothes. January tries to be everything for everyone. She’s in an identity crisis and stuck in a people pleasing rut.

7 Likes

I found these thermal shirts on Amazon. They are super warm and super soft. They have stretch and length. They are amazing! I used them everyday on my einter trip to Disney in 2020. I still use them when our temps get below 45. I wore it under my shirt and light jacket. If I got warm I went to the bathroom and removed it. I only had to do this twice. Normally I could just take my jacket off and be fine. But I’m ok with warm. I’m NOT ok with being too cold, lol.
DEVOPS Women’s 2 Pack Thermal Long Sleeve Shirts Compression Baselayer Tops Amazon.com
DEVOPS Women’s 2 Pack Thermal Long Sleeve Shirts Compression Baselayer Tops Amazon.com
Also, just scotchgard what ever jacket you want to bring :grin: test a small spot first though.

5 Likes

The weather could be all over the place in January.

Seeing as you are from Arizona, you are climatized to warmer weather already. So I could see long pants and a long sleeve or light sweatshirt being a better choice for you. For me, coming from the tundra of the north, it will still be short weather.

I am looking for my trip in two weeks and it is definitely shorts weather for me.

Last year it was a tad bit chilly first thing in the morning when waiting in the corals during the races. I wish I had an extra layer at 3:00am. However, I was comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt by 8am each day.

4 Likes

See I run warm, so I’d be worried thermal shirts would make me too hot!

4 Likes

They keep the damp cold out. But they could be too warm on an average day. But getting into the upper 30s in FL humidity… I think they would be welcome by plenty, lol.

2 Likes

I really like vests for variable wether. Keep the core warm but not the arms, so good on its own or layered with a coat. I have a bright blue one I have had for years. I suspect eveyone will be tiered of seeing me in it!

I really don’t want to bring a coat into the parks…

5 Likes

I would probably do well to have a thermal shirt, but I don’t like having long sleeves or too many layers around my arms. I usually wear a tshirt and then however thick a coat I need depending on the temperature.

I’ll check the forecast before we go and decide which jacket(s) to bring.

3 Likes

Does this happen very often in January? I would think that would be only at night/early morning, if then. I might buy one or two, we shall see. Or I might just pack what I’ve got and wing it :rofl:

3 Likes

There are a handful of days in winter that it gets cold. Like this weekend!! WTF?!!

5 Likes

The low here on Friday is 1. 1 degree. The HIGH is 14. It’s going to be a cold Christmas weekend all around it seems!

4 Likes

See, you need a vest! :rofl:

6 Likes

No shit

3 Likes

The low here tomorrow is -11! It’s snowing again. It has been winter here since November 7th (snow has covered everything since then). I am so done with it! It has not been above 35-6 degrees since Halloween. This week mostly teens and 20’s. Tim mentions moving to Hawaii 10 times a day, I may just take him up on that offer.

6 Likes

We’ve seemed to oscillate between cold, colder than normal, and unseasonably warm. Very little normal weather so far this winter it feels like

4 Likes

Lucky! :grin:

2 Likes

It’s chilly here but thankfully I don’t see anything below freezing.

3 Likes

Now that’s perfect winter weather!! Enjoy!!

4 Likes

It is more often chilly in the mornings or late evenings. It is Florida and the damp 40 or 45 degrees can feel as tho it’s going right thru you. There are the gray drizzly days where the temp might be 50 or 55 and you’ll still feel chilled to the bone if you’re not dressed adequately. I have a photo somewhere of a 2015 trip where we are waiting outside for our 50s Prime Time lunch. Possibly inside was full. My normally warm sister looks as miserable as her always chilly daughter. Gray, drizzly, windy day. They did not have a windbreaker outer layer. You’d probably be fine with a long sleeved shirt/sweatshirt you already own and a wind stopper outer layer. My key is a scarf to keep my neck warm and as @heathernoel says a vest to keep my core warm. I have this marvelously bright turquoise fleece vest with some decorative stitching along the front (suggesting nordic embroidery). Great pockets too. :blush:

@Jeff_AZ do you have different weight jackets? I’m thinking you’d wear a different one for 60 degrees than 35? With a vest, you can make the 60 degree jacket work for 35 degrees. Especially if the vest has a stand up collar for the back of your neck.

I usually figure a winter trip to Disney is a good time to add to my stock of warm clothing.

4 Likes