Weather Alert

As someone who lives in FL I always keep my eye on the weather in the Gulf. If you haven’t followed national weather forecasts, the hurricane that hit the western coast of Mexico crossed the Yucatan and will probably reform as a tropical storm in the Gulf. Forecasts are having it cross the FL Peninsula early afternoon on Saturday. No predictions of strength, but it probably will not develop into a hurricane. Regarless, it will be a major rain event.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/233447.shtml?cone#contents

3 Likes

Stay safe @bswan26 :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Unless something changes, it’s no threat to Pensacola; I was just posting to warn people who might be in WDW on Saturday.

3 Likes

Hurricane Season 2022 & other weather warnings :bug: - Walt Disney World - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

1 Like

After canceling our once in a decade monster trip twice because of COVID it is pretty ironic that now there will be a tropical storm for our first day and it an MK day. Will be my Mother-in-laws first time at WDW I hate for her first time to see the castle be wrapped in rain. But what can I do, I can’t switch around our park days because of the Park Pass situation and no other MK days available next week. Disney is making this PAINFUL for families.

3 Likes

We are flying in Saturday afternoon. Might this affect flights coming into Orlando?

It is also our first day in the parks on Saturday. We will be at Epcot which I assume means that test track will be the only ride with potential weather related downtime. We also had to reschedule twice due to covid. I hope you guys enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

I had this same issue a couple weeks ago, but morning of i was able to find some park pass availability and switch around. Its so chaotic to switch last minute but we also did so due to weather. Good luck!