We may have our differences but nothing’s more important than family - a WDW/UOR trip August 2016

Can’t wait to hear what happened next!

2 Likes

Your pictures are wonderful! The hotel looks amazing and I can’t wait to one day see Hogsmeade as well! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next installment!! :grin:

2 Likes

I had intended to do the next day tonight, but I’m worn out! It takes ages!

3 Likes

We appreciate your efforts! Take whatever time you need. I hope your hubby is doing ok.

2 Likes

He’s doing better back in his routine and out of that heat, though he has another really bad cold. We are passing it round! Thanks for asking!

2 Likes

You all probably need lots of fluids, rest, and vitamin C. And maybe to start planning the next trip! :smile:

2 Likes

I’m so sad for your poor husband. It sucks to be the one whose health or stamina is holding everyone back. I’m usually that person in my family. I hope you all had a great time together despite the expectation adjustments that had to happen.

Thanks for all the Universal details! I’m getting excited for our trip. I bought extra ponchos and water proof shoes today, and am mentally preparing myself for ALL THE RAIN. :laughing: :umbrella:

4 Likes

I just bought some Vit C today! We ran out on our trip.

2 Likes

I hear it’s going to be wet over the weekend! Hope it doesn’t affect you too much.

The problem was his default setting when he’s in pain, or tired, or disappointed, is anger. So he would seem angry, and I’d think he didn’t want us to do things when he didn’t mind, he was just worried he was holding us back. I kept telling him he wasn’t, and writing it up like this we really did more than we thought at the time! We did have a lot more great times than bad times.

3 Likes

Great report - thanks for posting! Love your pictures.

We have toured with my wife’s health issues - a Disney vacation can be fairly stressful on its own without having the added worry of whether they are doing OK or their worry that they are slowing things down.

My wife usually pushes through until she crashes, which she and I will have to talk about before our next trip. I’m thinking a rest and pool day in between each couple of park days might be the right balance for us. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for posting your report, I love reading them. Re your Fantasmic dinner tickets, you could use them at anytime in the next 5 days?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I had to laugh out loud at the last line! [quote=“missoverexcited, post:39, topic:26946”]
When we got back to the room it was straight to bed before I killed the ungrateful little sod!!
[/quote]

10 Likes

I am enjoying traveling along with you! I am sure your poor hubby did feel like he was holding you back. I am hoping that he started to feel better. So hard on someone with health issues to be out of routine.

Your pics are great and you make me excited to add Universal into my next trip. That would be the next trip with our kids. They must do Harry Potter World!

5 Likes

They were stamped with that on the back but we didn’t try.

3 Likes

It’s fantastic, worth the admission on its own - in both parks!

Spoiler alert - he didn’t get much better, if at all.

3 Likes

Universal Studios 10th August

Thankfully this morning DH was feeling better. We checked out and headed to US for early entry - we weren’t in for 8, but I don’t think it was too long after, maybe 8.15.

I love the buildings in Universal Studios!

And then we were finally in Diagon Alley for the first time!

Wow! There was so much to see, I couldn’t stop taking pics!

We rode Gringotts first. It was stunning inside, and I was disappointed we couldn’t take photos as we had to store all our loose items in a locker before riding - especially when I saw loads of other people with their phones! There was no metal detector here obviously! It was a great ride, I thought I still preferred Forbidden Journey though. Afterwards we explored, taking in all the details. At about 9.30 we had breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron. It was really good, except the pumpkin juice! Luckily only DH had that, Joe and I had Butterbeer. Here he is enjoying it :blush:

After this we went to Rip Ride Rocket - Joe was really excited, Cass wouldn’t ride! This time no weather issues stopped our fun, and we were on in no time, picking songs from the secret list - I had Run to You by Bryan Adams and Joe had Lose Yourself by Eminem. Once was enough for me, it’s a fab coaster but so rough my brain was rattling! I let Joe go again though, and when he got off we sent him on again. He loved it!

I wanted to make sure Cass had fun too, so I asked what he wanted to do - he picked Transformers. I was still a bit bewildered by it, but he loved it.

After this, we paid $5 for Joe to climb a wall on 42nd St. Cass spotted it, but somehow missed the price, and suggested it to Joe. He had fun for about 10 minutes - they let him have 2 goes at the hardest part but he never got higher than this. Though afterwards they let him try the slightly easier one and he got to the top!

We got drinks and snacks - pretzels and churros. The pretzels were too salty but the churros were good! And then we did the Mummy.

I remember liking this on our previous trip, but I loved it this time and so did Joe. Cass hated it - too much roller coaster for his liking! He waited while we did it again.

Next we hung out at the London Waterfront, as Cass hadn’t seen it the night before. I had a chat with the Knight Bus Conductor and Dre Head, and we knocked on for the Order of the Phoenix but they didn’t answer!

We did Men in Black next - I was rubbish again! And the boys ride again while I chilled out.

Then it was The Simpsons - thankfully we got on really quickly today! Then we forced Joe to pose with various figures for our amusement.

Finally, we did Terminator 2. I’d have happily skipped it but the boys wanted to do it… It’s ok but old!!

Our intention now was to go back for a swim, but the heavens opened and it was lashing down! We did some shopping to pass the time - Joe bought a Sirius Black wand to go with the Dumbledore one he bought last time. But it was still torrential, and I knew Cass really just wanted to go back to POFQ and sleep. So we called it a day, collected our case and left.

We didn’t go straight home - we went to the Mall at Milennia to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Joe insisted, he watches too much Big Bang Theory - but it looked nothing like the one on the show, they didn’t even have the same uniforms - what a letdown! We only waited about 20 minutes (I had heard horror stories of 2 hour waits!!) and the food was really good but filling. We had to get our cheesecake to go!

Back at POFQ we relaxed and got an early night, as we had a pre RD ADR at CP! But not before Joe had cast a few spells!

16 Likes

Bonus Diagon Alley pics, as it was so amazing!

18 Likes

Thanks so much for posting pictures! I will likely never go to Universal, so I appreciate seeing what it looks like.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! More bonus pics for you.

16 Likes

This is sad…At least I won’t keep hoping.

1 Like