Okay. My wife and I have been discussing DVC ad nauseum, watching videos, planning pretend trips, etc, and finally determined that we can make a non-Boardwalk contract work. It appears likely that we can secure at least a split stay for a few days either there or at BCV during the Jan/Feb timeframe at 7 months out (1 bedroom…not really looking at studio). For Christmas trips, we can do Saratoga no problem. So we decided we should consider a SSR contract as well, since we can get one at significantly less per point than Boardwalk.
Well, one came up that was ideal, but someone beat us to it. Another came up not QUITE as ideal, but I offered a little less, and in the end we will end up with 120 pts instead of just 100 at a lower price than anything I have seen at BWV.
So, offer is accepted and we just have to handle the next steps prior to ROFR.
If all goes well, we will have our contract in a couple months with the points needed to do our early December trip next year at SSR 1 bedroom. Yay!
I don’t expect Disney to buy out the contract for the price we are paying, so very hopeful it will go well.