We made an offer (accepted)

Congrats, that’s exciting!

I’m trying to wrap my head around different dvc strategies right now to see if I want to buy. So, as a noob trying to understand, am I right you picked SSR even though you really want BWV because the lower dollar/pt of the purchase, slightly lower annual dues, and later expiration year outweigh the certainty of booking BWV at 11 months, and you’ve researched that there should be enough availability at 7 for BW in many cases, or that you’re happy enough staying at SSR or somewhere else too if need be? And/or maybe you just didn’t come across a BWV contract at the points and $/pt you liked either?

At any rate, great news, and happy planning on using your new points!

2 Likes

We like SSR. The refurbed rooms are great, and we know we would be happy there.

But it is true we would have preferred BWV. But we couldn’t find a contract that we could afford. In fact, we have only seen 2 contracts come up that were possible for us, and both were taken within minutes of us receiving the notification. Haven’t been any since.

But, we saw that 1 bedroom villas were available at 7 months for BWV and BC during certain times we would want to go other than Christmas season. So SSR is our Christmas season resort. We will try for others other times.

3 Likes

We heard about that. Unsure if it will impact the final stage of the process or not. We shall see.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Congrats, fellow SSRer! I should probably spend at least one night there to say I did!

Related story … On Disney Dish today, Len mentioned that they measure the walking path around the resort in furloughs. :rofl: It was a funny conversation. Check it out.

2 Likes

Congratulations and Welcome home!

1 Like

Wow congrats!

1 Like

I’m just catching up. Congratulations and Welcome Home!

1 Like

Thanks!