We have arrived

I should also add that the bus driver said that they are currently not following their normal set schedule. Stops are being monitored and they send buses as needed.

7 Likes

Yes ours said that too.

He also said that he has been working 6 of 7 days at 11-14hrs/day for months now.

Kind of scary!

5 Likes

A CM at EC one day told me they are all working 10-12 hour shifts due to shortage of staffing.

2 Likes

Which is substantial

But drivers working that many days in a row and that many hours in a row is particularly scary. There’s a reason pilots have to take a specified amount of time off. I realize this isn’t quite the same level of acuity, but it’s definitely up there!

10 Likes

I agree, truck drivers have rules to follow about drive and sleep time, I would think bus drivers are no different. I only mentioned the EC-CM b/c everyone at WDW seems to be working beyond a 40 hr work week.

4 Likes

Regarding the union signing off on performers I believe most Disney shows use Equity performers so they have an agreement with Equity. Not sure what the sticking point is between them and Disney but I’m not surprised that is the issue. Hopefully whatever it is is resolved soon.

3 Likes

Hopped on an empty bus to Epcot.

The "pick your (DH/DS/DD) nose in a photo thing is a running joke. They all know it annoys me.

20 Likes

Case in point. sigh

19 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

At least they’re picking their own nose lol

10 Likes

I wondered what the view was on the opposite side. So cool! We had a tower view last month and it was lovely, but this is pretty grand too! Enjoy!

1 Like

We had an epic EP day. Kids wanted to concentrate on snacking around the world, TT, “Mexican Donald”, & SE. So that’s exactly what we did.

Test Track at RD

Took a boat to Arandele & then we started the food fest skool bread in Norway is one of our favorite things
Then we grabbed a bubble tea and some seaweed Lay’s in China
We found a bench in the shade in Germany & grabbed a pretzel to share
Pistachio & chocolate chip gelato in Italy
we took a break from the heat & had fun with flags at The American Adventure Go Mountaineers! LOL
Next stop - Japan for melon shaved ice & miso chicken wings
these ducks were right under foot the entire time
we spotted several of these Remy statues around WS. I assume that they are part of a F&W scavenger hunt
with Tangerine Cafe closed, we didn’t eat in Morroco, but we had fun exploring.
we were ready for a food break so we visited Figment, Soarin on B1, LWTL, and Nemo.
We made our last (so I thought) food stop by trekking back to the UK for fish & chips. We ran into Mary in the garden
I had seen a Christmas pillow that I liked in Germany, so the kids convinced me to go back and get it. So glad that I did. I never get things for myself and it was nice that they were excited for me to have it.
We headed to the front of the park to ride SE before we left. We love this ride so much and have fun seeing who can make the best face for the future video at the end.
We hopped on the bus back to CSR & the kids said that they were sad that they didn’t get churros in Mexico. Good thing that we are staying at CSR! Mobile order from 3 bridges to the rescue!

This was another great, fun day of smiles & laughs. Most importantly, I saw this happen a lot

Time to get some rest. I’ve got a 6:45am alarm for our shot at ROTR. Send good thoughts our way for success!

36 Likes

Good Thoughts … Sent!!

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you!

And what a lovely sight. My two are just getting to the age where they are at each other’s throats at the drop of a hat. Hoping they are this nice to each other once or twice on our trip!

Edited because I’m tired and picked the wrong homophone

1 Like

I work in Transportation. Safety- thus the name. While I work in non-passenger transport I can tell you bus drivers are legally allowed to be on duty 15 hours, but they can only drive for 10. Depending on company standard- they are allowed to work up to 70 hours in eight days, or 60 hours in seven days. As long as they have 8 consecutive hours off, DOT deems the rest of it safe. My husband has been non passenger (cars) for 35 years. He works six days almost every week. No wonder there is a shortage of commercial drivers … :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

What a special shot!!!

2 Likes

Love this! :joy:

1 Like

Good luck for getting rise! I’m really enjoying your report! Your family is adorable!

2 Likes

Every occasion that requires a picture has resulted in this happening. They love to torture me. Apparently, I have a specific face and voice in reaction to this.

2 Likes

success!
My DH, who hasn’t looked at MDE before this morning secured our group. Go figure.

35 Likes