We have arrived

What’s your room number? Staying there in October and thinking about room request.

Happy to share after our trip has ended.

4 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

We had a blast at AK today. Per the non-rope drop promise, arrived around 7:45am & hopped in line for FOP. Waited just over an hour & we all loved it. Rode Dinosaur & EE, and then checked in for lunch at Yak & Yeti. We shared tuna nachos, Korean fried chicken and the special hibachi steak & tempura shrimp. Everything was delicious. The kids wanted to hit KRR, so we went there next * got completely soaked! It was so much fun. We walked Discovery island trails & Gorilla falls to dry off, and then watched ITTBAB followed by Navi. By then, we all needed a snack. We picked up fries & dumplings from Mr. Kamal and sat by the water with a view of the tree. The same place the @OBNurseNH enjoyed breakfast on her recent trip.
We are ready to call it, and are headed back to CSR to relax the rest of the night. Tomorrow is a resort day, and we have a dinner reservation at The Boathouse.

Animal Butts

24 Likes

We all had a good nap, and headed down to finally check out the dig site & pool. Got sidetracked by the ice cream in El Mercado 1st. Explored the grounds of CSR until the rain started (it turned out to be extremely brief).

DD wanted to call her BF so she headed back to the room. To give her privacy, the rest of us headed up to the Dahlia lounge. We grabbed a comfy couch inside because the outside seating was full. We ordered the croquettes, chips & sherry glazed wings. I guess that we were hungrier than we realized because we ate it all.

Walked out onto the deck to take in the view of Galaxies Edge and Spaceship Earth.

11 Likes

! Thank you to the kind CM in FOP line for the 1st family pic of the tripIMG_20210712_104222|375x500

15 Likes

I like your sacrifice. Not many could endure such a thing :wink: (it’s one of my favorite places in WDW)

7 Likes

I will gladly sacrifice nightly if needed. Absolutely beautiful space & the tapas were outstanding.

4 Likes

Pics from the deck of Dahlia Lounge.

HS
EP/Swan/Dolphin

16 Likes

All your pics are fantastic!

1 Like

Great photos!

1 Like

Oh man do I like that Sir Hiss shirt.

2 Likes

You mean Kaa … easy mistake. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I guess we were all pretty beat. Went to bed around 10pm and everyone but me slept until 10am. DH went to Rix Cafe for our pastry & coffee buffet.

We quickly got ready & are headed to the Dig Site for a few hours at the pool.

18 Likes

Wow–the pool is empty. That’s great.

3 Likes

Yep. I see that now. Lack of clothing should have been a red flag.

4 Likes

Listen, we are not here to judge. If people/characters/etc want to go without clothing, we can avert our eyes

(except if it’s a dude without a shirt)

9 Likes

We managed to get a little pool time before a storm blew through. Grabbed snacks from the pool bar & headed back to the room to watch Mickey cartoons & chill.

Then we headed for Disney Springs shopping & dinner at The Boathouse. We ran into Goofy & Donald in the lobby on the way to the bus.

My crab cake was so delish.
DD15 had the tuna poke bowl. Very fresh & yummy
DH ordered red grouper. This was superb
DS10 is a steak aficionado & had to get the filet sliders. He wouldn’t share but said that they were amazing
DD15 in the sweatshirt that I bought at Disneyland in 1988. I think that I’m not getting it back.

DS was hopping. We had never been there before and really had a great time just people watching & listening to some great music.

I’m glad that we scheduled this down day. We all needed it, and will be ready for EP tomorrow.

26 Likes

Things that I have learned because I will talked to anyone.

We walked to our bus at DS last night with a bus driver, and had a lovely chat along the way. I asked about the status of the driver shortage, and if they were still around 500 short. He said that it was getting better, but that the real issue was a lack of trainers for the bus drivers at this point.

We were in line for FOP Sunday with a CM at MK who was enjoying her day off touring solo at AK. She and I were talking about the need for shows/parades/etc to return to help disperse crowds.

She said that those things wouldn’t return until the union signed off. I’m not really sure what that meant, and I didn’t want to ask. Just found it interesting.

We were at the loading point on Splash when they had to stop the ride to check an alarm that was triggered because someone stood up. CM was telling us that it has happened frequently over the past week. I suggested that it was the ghost of Uncle Remus telling them not to re-theme the ride. He said that none of the CM’s had a clue that the re-theme was happening until they saw it on social media.

My love of talking to people drives my kids crazy, I meet a lot of really interesting people, it passes the time & you never know what you might learn from it.

25 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yes! and it’s fun :wink:

6 Likes